Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

For some reason it's a total surprise to me that white men in my own field are just as limited and think it's okay that people die because of a hoarding of resources. 

Why did I think IT people were better than that. Bunch of people looking to the future where robots replace POC, probably.

• Sad 1

I have Netflix and i tried watching some of their original movies. Most look/seem  so cheap. I abandoned the latest Set it Up half an hour in.  Netflix can't replace the theater movies. The quality just isn't there.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I have Netflix and i tried watching some of their original movies. Most look/seem  so cheap. I abandoned the latest Set it Up half an hour in.  Netflix can't replace the theater movies. The quality just isn't there.

tumblr_otfqz9uHpJ1s9f5e5o1_500.gif

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm like 99.9% cancelling DirectTv and going with Hulu Live/Amazon/Netflix package.  Since it seems the live sports thing has been figured out.

We did that earlier in the year. It's the way to go tbh. Lots of money has been saved.

Edited by filmlover

27 minutes ago, Alli said:

At that price tag I am not sure content made at 2 million a minute like the big movies make sense.

How many customer will you gain/maintain with a single movie for a monthly streaming platform, enough to justify a 200m cost (that like 833k clients for 2 year's), flagship product will be multi season series a la Game of Thrones/Stranger Things I suspect.

A movie theater can get $70-$100 from a family of 4 for one single 2 hours movie sitting, Netflix need almost a year and ton of content to get the same amount. The production price by minute cannot be the same I would imagine, it will still be TV at the end.

Here's why it's important to do your research.

I convinced my sister, who isn't little by any means she's graduating this week, that Simple Jack is a real movie. She;s downstairs right now trying to rent it on VOD and is angry that it isn't available. 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

30 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Here's why it's important to do your research.

I convinced my sister, who isn't little by any means she's graduating this week, that Simple Jack is a real movie. She;s downstairs right now trying to rent it on VOD and is angry that it isn't available. 

Should have asked her to rent Satan's Alley instead.

1 hour ago, DAR said:

Netflix has been killing it on the documentary side of things.

Netflix changed that game completely I would imagine (theatrical was completely death for them and free on youtube type videos were a big competition)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alli said:

Im an hour and twenty minutes into Set It Up and I’m having fun. It’s the crappy but pleasant romantic comedy I wish Hollywood would make more of.