Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Those were acquisitions.

okja was not.

btw i said glen powell needed a franchise to make it big, since that's the done thing these days and i'm happy he's found one with the Set It Up Cinematic Universe.

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I wanna watch Set It Up!  It looks fun!  I love rom-coms.  I do need to catch up on some other stuff first though.

Yea I doubt you've seen all the Netflix Sandlers yet, priorities

• Sad 1

The Department of Justice has approved Disney’s bid for 21st Century Fox assets, provided that the company agrees to carve out Fox’s regional sports networks over ESPN-related monopoly concerns.

The OK from Justice is also not the ultimate green light for Disney, as several other regulatory bodies will still need to weigh in. But the news puts pressure on Comcast to respond to the offer, which sources have indicated it is trying to do. 

In granting the provisional approval, the DOJ actually pulled an AT&T-Time Warner move, filing a civil antitrust lawsuit in U.S. District Court seeking to block the merger. But the parties agreed on a 90-day window after the close of the transaction during which which the divestiture of the RSNs can occur.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/doj-approves-disneys-fox-bid-minus-regional-sports-networks-1202418165/

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Saw Tag in an empty theater. Fun movie! The benefit of not having an audience with this is I can critically assess the humor and not be influenced by others laughing. 

Shouldn't you be watching this for fun? 

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Saw Tag in an empty theater. Fun movie! The benefit of not having an audience with this is I can critically assess the humor and not be influenced by others laughing. 

You do not want to be influenced by the other laughter augmenting the enjoyment of a movie so you have a more objective view on it ? Weird trade of, specially for a non professional critic (and movie being made to be seen in a group not necessarily a fair one)