Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, Blankments said:

it's very okay. I prefer more engaging jobs usually so it's kinda a struggle BUT money is money

Is your location quiet? 🤔

How much are you making in tips? The manager I interviewed with yesterday said I can expect around $1-1.50 per hour

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Is your location quiet? 🤔

How much are you making in tips? The manager I interviewed with yesterday said I can expect around $1-1.50 per hour

My location is inside a Kroger so we're actually not allowed to take tips which sucks

and IDK i get the afternoon shift lol

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Blankments said:

My location is inside a Kroger so we're actually not allowed to take tips which sucks

and IDK i get the afternoon shift lol

Ah ok. I applied at a corporate Starbucks, so I'll have tips and all their perks assuming I get the job. I'm guessing Kroger's Starbucks are staffed like Target where there's usually only 1-2 people working?

• Like 1

Just a shoutout to the fact that Edge of Tomorrow is now over 4 years old... wow... but that movie is still fan-fucking-tastic. Like wow, one of the biggest surprises ever in a movie theatre for me. 

• Like 1

Burning is pretty strong stuff. Loved the low-key sense of unease for the first two thirds, then felt like it was getting off on being withholding, but then felt kinda embarrassed that I didn't actually get the answer to the movie's main narrative question until I had it pointed out to me after the screening. Thematically, if anything, it seems a little too neat and obvious, but the craft keeps it engrossing. Not the movie of the year for me even at this point in time (the naked dance to Miles Davis might be the scene of the year, though) but worth seeing for sure. 

• Like 1

I'm doing a 4th of July triple feature at home: Forrest Gump (sorry, not sorry), Jaws, and Independence Day.

So... what on earth did Forrest get a college degree in?! Shrimping? Seeing how he tends to talk about any and all subjects for which he has significant knowledge, it's odd that whatever he studied never comes up at any point in the film after he graduates and joins the army.

Edited by Webslinger

27 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm doing a 4th of July triple feature at home: Forrest Gump (sorry, not sorry), Jaws, and Independence Day.

So... what on earth did Forrest get a college degree in?! Shrimping? Seeing how he tends to talk about any and all subjects for which he has significant knowledge, it's odd that whatever he studied never comes up at any point in the film after he graduates and joins the army.

he must've gotten the easiest and most useless degree imaginable, so like me he must have a film studies degree.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

Witcher 3.

5 hours ago, boomboom234 said:

Witcher 3 the best rpg ever made by far

5 hours ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Horizon Zero Dawn

I played Witcher 3. I don’t get it.

• Disbelief 1