Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

@WrathOfHan sorry these are getting so late:

12x:

The Grinch: Isle of Dogs, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Deadpool 2, Show Dogs, Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

9x:

The Darkest Minds: Blockers, A Quiet Place, Tully, Deadpool 2, Action Point, Adrift, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Christopher Robin: A Wrinkle in Time, Love, Simon, Isle of Dogs, Book Club, Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 5

Smallfoot: Paddington 2, Early Man, Sgt. Stubby: An American Hero, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Incredibles 2 Round 5

7x:

Venom: Black Panther, Game Night, Black Panther Round 2, Blockers, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Avengers: Infinity War Round 3

Bumblebee: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Crazy Rich Asians: Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

6x:

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Last Flag Flying, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

5x:

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse: Peter Rabbit, Love, Simon, Pacific Rim: Uprising, Ready Player One, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Searching: Book Club, Adrift, Hotel Artemis, Hereditary, Tag

Bad Times at the El Royale: Hotel Artemis, Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, The First Purge

Dog Days: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation

Bohemian Rhapsody: Deadpool 2, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

The Girl in the Spider’s Web: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

A Star is Born: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?, Blindspotting

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

Ralph Breaks the Internet: Incredibles 2, Incredibles 2 Round 2, Incredibles 2 Round 3, Incredibles 2 Round 4, Incredibles 2 Round 5

A-X-L: Show Dogs, Incredibles 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies, Incredibles 2 Round 5

The Meg: Deadpool 2, Hereditary, Deadpool 2 Round 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX)

4x:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald: Ready Player One, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Infinity War Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Spy Who Dumped Me: Ocean’s 8, Tag, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Ant-Man and the Wasp

Alita: Battle Angel: Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 2, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 3, Star Wars: The Last Jedi Round 4, Mission: Impossible - Fallout

Wonder Park: Leave No Trace, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

First Man: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

A Simple Favor: Adrift, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2, Blindspotting

3x:

Mortal Engines: Star Wars: The Last Jedi, The Commuter, A Wrinkle in Time

Can You Ever Forgive Me?: Unsane, Isle of Dogs, Book Club

Operation Finale: Ocean’s 8, Ocean’s 8 Round 2, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Happytime Murders: Action Point, Superfly, The First Purge

The Nun: Superfly, Tag, The First Purge

The House with a Clock in Its Walls: Ant-Man and the Wasp, Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Kin: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, The First Purge, Blindspotting

BlacKkKlansman: Sicario: Day of the Soldado, Sorry to Bother You, Blindspotting

2x:

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok, Thor: Ragnarok Round 2

Mile 22: Adrift, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Night School: Blockers, Tag

White Boy Rick: Superfly, Sicario: Day of the Soldado

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: The Greatest Showman, Ant-Man and the Wasp

The Little Stranger: Hereditary, Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Mary Poppins Returns: A Wrinkle in Time, Leave No Trace

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Life Itself: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Mary, Queen of Scots: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Second Act: Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Round 2

Nobody’s Fool: The First Purge, Blindspotting

Overlord: Mission: Impossible – Fallout, Mission: Impossible – Fallout Round 2 (IMAX)

1x:

The Current War: Wind River

Farmageddon: A Shaun the Sheep Movie: Early Man

Johnny English Strikes Again: Tully

Peppermint: Adrift

City of Lies: Hotel Artemis

Widows: Superfly

Creed 2: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

The Predator: Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Dumbo: Ant-Man and the Wasp

Halloween: The First Purge

The Old Man and the Gun: Won’t You Be My Neighbor?

Little Women: Leave No Trace

We the Animals: Hearts Beat Loud

The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part: Teen Titans Go! To the Movies

Robin Hood: Mission: Impossible – Fallout

Aquaman: Mission: Impossible – Fallout

The Hate U Give: Blindspotting

Blaze: Eighth Grade

The Wife: Eighth Grade

Madeline’s Madeline: Eighth Grade

Skate Kitchen: Eighth Grade

The Miseducation of Cameron Post: Eighth Grade

• Thanks 1

using some funds my mom left me, I paid off my car today and did it 2 years early :) 

I will probably use some of it towards my Europe trip next month.  I'm sure she would appreciate that I'm using it for good things and not just bills or something.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Have an early shift today, and am thinking about seeing a movie. Only options that fit my schedule are Christopher Robin and Mamma Mia. Which should I choose?

Mamma Mia, of course. Haven't seen (and likely won't get around to seeing at this point) Christopher Robin.

7 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Have an early shift today, and am thinking about seeing a movie. Only options that fit my schedule are Christopher Robin and Mamma Mia. Which should I choose?

The Meg of course ;) 

but I would pick Christopher Robin out of the two, personally

Edited by 75Live

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Christopher Robin. Not a contest.

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The last of the AV Club is falling apart. First Sean O'Neal left, now Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Still a good couple of critics left on there but it seems like it's truly about to die. 

I've barely visited the site since the layout update.

4 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

The last of the AV Club is falling apart. First Sean O'Neal left, now Ignatiy Vishnevetsky. Still a good couple of critics left on there but it seems like it's truly about to die. 

Your boy Igantiy is gone? Where's he going?

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Your boy Igantiy is gone? Where's he going?

It's gotta be toxic over there right now if you're gonna leave a halfway stable gig that showcases your abilities for an uncertain future. He better land on his feet, no one out there is better at smart and accessible writing about literally all kinds of film.

• Like 2

Love this. It's what the gays who worship this creature deserve. Egg on their faces. 

Anywho, what happened to gays having great taste? Some will stan for any prostisute with long hair and a "fab" lifestyle, huh? Sad. 

Edited by La Binoche

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Or, Proof That Art Films Can Be Style Over Substance Too. I applaud the balls on Gilliam, Depp, and Del Toro for committing to making every scene as surreal as possible, but it just did nothing for me outside of my admiration of its style.

I also have no idea how the good folks at the MPAA could defend giving Eighth Grade the same rating as Fear and Loathing. Like, what the actual hell? (And Eighth Grade was terrific, by the by.)

I made a big mistake. 

I had time and was in the area, so I swung by the animal shelter. (I lost my cat of 18 years earlier In the year, and I am finally ready to look into the possibility of perhaps getting new cats.)

i was just scoping out who was there. 

And omg there was this kitten. 

It looked tired and overwhelmed and I related hard. 

I keep thinking about going back and adopting it. 

But it I told myself I wasn’t gonna adopt cats until the heat broke. 

Edited by captainwondyful
Related not relayed
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Webslinger said:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: Or, Proof That Art Films Can Be Style Over Substance Too. I applaud the balls on Gilliam, Depp, and Del Toro for committing to making every scene as surreal as possible, but it just did nothing for me outside of my admiration of its style.

I also have no idea how the good folks at the MPAA could defend giving Eighth Grade the same rating as Fear and Loathing. Like, what the actual hell? (And Eighth Grade was terrific, by the by.)

Because God forbid teenagers actually see in a movie in which teens talk the way they do in real life. Meanwhile, it's okay for them to watch The Meg because people getting violently eaten by sharks is more appropriate for children than profanity.