Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

5 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I need Keanu and Sandra in a new Speed movie that pretends that 2nd one never happened. 

Speed 3

this time there’s a bomb in like 100 Ubers but nobody knows which Uber so 1000s of Ubers have to SPEED around the city. Things happen. Good guys win. Keanu is there.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Speed 3

this time there’s a bomb in like 100 Ubers but nobody knows which Uber so 1000s of Ubers have to SPEED around the city. Things happen. Good guys win. Keanu is there.

I like it. You're hired.

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

the villain would have to be michael shannon. that's the only logical digivolution from dennis hopper to willem dafoe to him.

For my story he would play a disgruntled Taxi driver that’s upset that Uber is cutting into his money. He has a whole speech about how man is being replaced by apps and machines. His evil plan is to destroy people’s confidence in the Taxi Apps and only use traditional taxis.

Oh and another part of his evil plan is that the Uber drivers have to pass certain checkpoints before a certain time or else they explode BUT they aren’t allowed to use their SatNav’s because “true taxi drivers” don’t need them.

Oh and Keanu and Bullocks daughter is an Uber driver too. That’ll add suspense.

• Like 5

Just now, AJG said:

For my story he would play a disgruntled Taxi driver that’s upset that Uber is cutting into his money. He has a whole speech about how man is being replaced by apps and machines. His evil plan is to destroy people’s confidence in the Taxi Apps and only use traditional taxis.

Oh and another part of his evil plan is that the Uber drivers have to pass certain checkpoints before a certain time or else they explode BUT they aren’t allowed to use their SatNav’s because “true taxi drivers” don’t need them.

dude you need to stop posting about this before it gets to max landis or some asshole and they pitch it to Fox. shit is gold.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, AJG said:

Keep going I want the whole script in this thread by the end of the day

Speaking of Speed...I actually wrote a Family Guy episode called "Speed-less in Seattle" back in the day. I heard one way to show off your talent to studios was to adapt something, and somehow I got the thought of marrying those two.

It started with Peter getting in a traffic accident because he's stupid. He gets his license revoked and has to take the bus to work. He meets a Keanu-type character called Kendall who is an old friend. Turns out Kendall is a cop and queue the plot of Speed. Peter is basically Sandra's character. I even parody the ramp jump. After they successfully get to 0, the villain Harry (?) kidnaps Peter like Sandra. I think Peter saves himself by roadhouse kicking him off the overpass lmao.

I do the cutaway gags and everything. I have it in my files somewhere, might go look for it now cuz I'm curious, but I admit some of the jokes may not be quite for "todays tastes"...and some are just dated. I think there's a Farmville joke in there ffs. If I ever used this it'd definitely need a fresh rewrite in some spots.

I also wanted to write "Speed on a plane" called Hot Air. I put a few scenes down but never got anywhere with it. It was gonna be a small business jet type plane so there would be some intimacy like the bus. IDK.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

A good explanation about why I started to get away from US TV shows despite being a big fan for a long time, the thread is worth it and shows something's terrible wrong with US TV, particularly seen from a non-American point of view.

• Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, Fullbuster said:

A good explanation about why I started to get away from US TV shows despite being a big fan for a long time, the thread is worth it and shows something's terrible wrong with US TV, particularly seen from a non-American point of view.

Using a show from a premium cable channel (as opposed to standard network) based upon a series of 100% adult-geared medieval-esque fantasy novels as being representative of ALL US TV is probably a poor choice.

• Like 4