Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Animal killing still remains the best question about morality. On simple terms killing animal is immoral as ending a life. But then carnivores are evil and they deserve punishment. Also food cycle, large population, economy and all. Has mankind developed enough to go away from this. Synthetic meat and going to mars is the answer.

16 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Animal killing still remains the best question about morality. On simple terms killing animal is immoral as ending a life. But then carnivores are evil and they deserve punishment. Also food cycle, large population, economy and all. Has mankind developed enough to go away from this. Synthetic meat and going to mars is the answer.

Depend of the regions, but I would think that sentient/emotionally developed animal killing we could "easily" stop for most of the human population.

Insects could do the trick and so on.

4 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Depend of the regions, but I would think that sentient/emotionally developed animal killing we could "easily" stop for most of the human population.

Insects could do the trick and so on.

But that requires giving away many nutrients. Development of brain is also important. I think poultry farm treat hens "nicely". Giving all animals in meat and other animal products industry a painless death, which lacks fear and panic should be the first step.

There's also the topic of decreasing space and lack of food for both herbi and carni animals. In india that has created more attacks on human from big cats. We are screwing each other but animals too from every direction. 

Taking employment from so many people is the biggest hurdle. Maybe suddenly veganism becomes cool, or eastern spirituality spreads more? What if babies like discovery happens with trees, that they feel pain too. Lol. But what of fastly increasing different species population then? Maybe current system is perfect. After all, morality is a human construct for better living of homo sapiens. And in this case having animal products is best for us. But morality changes with time. Maybe future will see us as ignorant and cruel.

What was the last major revolution in moral terms? Equal rights for women? Is there a moral timeline? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Premium George said:

But that requires giving away many nutrients.

Do you have a study than say cricket meat would require giving away many nutrients ?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2352364616300013

The Nutrient Value Score of crickets, palm weevil larvae and mealworm was significantly healthier than in the case of beef and chicken and none of six tested insects were statistically less healthy than meat.  Protein content was in the range of 13 to 77% by dry matter (Table 2), reflecting the large variability of tested species. Eighty-seven species of edible insects were investigated in Mexico, and the average protein content was from 15% to 81%. Insect protein digestibility, which is 76 to 96% [17] was also examined in this study. These values are on average only a little smaller than values for egg protein (95%) or beef (98%) and even higher than in the case of many plant proteins [19]. Measured amounts of nitrogenous substances of insects may be higher than their actual protein content since some nitrogen is also bound in the exoskeleton

Apparently many world population that think they are vegetarian are getting by just fine because there is a lot of insect cadaver in their rice.

Should probably be possible to make up for it with eggs, milks, the stupidest fish, Shellfish and vitamin pills type supplement if needed.

Edited by Barnack
  • Astonished 1

humans probably need a better birds eye on the livestock that they put in and take out from this world.   

then habitats can be controlled by the numbers

creating extra meat is already humans going against nature

so then regulating meat growth, methane, H20, etc. should have control lever too

large cats have evolved to require a lot of destruction

health vs nutrition studies are probably still in progress, been half a century since more processed foods??

cell phone waves are new and the impact on the brain versus unhealthy nutrition and the impact on the body probably still has yet to be determined.

fortunately humans have machines that are capable of digging up the earth and defecting disease areas around still water.

nature would have a hard time with that one.

sustainable food and energy shouldn't have to cost much as long as you invest in them the right way.  

8 hours ago, Premium George said:

Been Vegan for over 5 years now, one of the best choices I have ever made. 

Also - unrelated - got to see Green Book over the weekend. Best movie I have seen this year, bar none. 

42 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Been Vegan for over 5 years now, one of the best choices I have ever made. 

Also - unrelated - got to see Green Book over the weekend. Best movie I have seen this year, bar none. 

I am gonna be 22 soon. I was vegan till 18. Religious reasons. Then I started converting to atheism. I still eat non-veg onoy twice a month. But I do eat.

10 hours ago, Premium George said:

We're omnivores, we are designed to eat meat, there is no morality involved aprt from the factory farming of animals and this is because there are too many humans.

Future should be focused on how to reduce the human population, fix that you fix everything, climate change....water shortages....food shortages....migration....everything.

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

There's a new Netflix show called Dragon Prince from the creators of Avatar.... My watch list keeps getting longer. I want to knock out all the streaming shows before regular tv starts up.

it's insane that netflix released this, bojack, american vandal and the norm macdonald show all on the same day. 

• Astonished 1

7 minutes ago, AndyK said:

We're omnivores, we are designed to eat meat, there is no morality involved aprt from the factory farming of animals and this is because there are too many humans.

Future should be focused on how to reduce the human population, fix that you fix everything, climate change....water shortages....food shortages....migration....everything.

We are also designed to be able to live without meat. That is no good reason. Morality is definitely involved, as it is ending of many lives.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Premium George said:

We are also designed to be able to live without meat. That is no good reason. Morality is definitely involved, as it is ending of many lives.

No we are not, there are no instances of omnivores living without animal protein, even gorillas need it.

Human biology has a limited ability to process plant material and no such limitations on processing animal protein.

Humans need technology to survive without animal protein in the diet and to be able to thrive.

Vegan propaganda is pretty much in line with human induced climate change denial when it comes to just ignoring the science.

Edited by AndyK

25 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it's insane that netflix released this, bojack, american vandal and the norm macdonald show all on the same day. 

Ohforfuckssake that’s another show I wanted to watch.

I need to get through: Norm. Dragon Prince. Atypical. American Vandal. Bodyguard. And Iron fist.

21 minutes ago, Premium George said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10493922

31 minutes ago, AndyK said:

No we are not, there are no instances of omnivores living without animal protein, even gorillas need it.

Human biology has a limited ability to process plant material and no such limitations on processing animal protein.

Humans need technology to survive without animal protein in the diet and to be able to thrive.

Vegan propaganda is pretty much in line with human induced climate change denial when it comes to just ignoring the science.

Dude 60% of indian population is vegetarian. What the fuck are you speaking about? Vegan propaganda? One ignoring the science is you as you are talking to a healthy adult who lived his most life as vegetarian and his family who have never tasted meat in their whole life. 

• Thanks 1