Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

I don't know where else I could talk about it, so I figured I'd post it here...

I'm in the middle of Hurricane Florence right now, as we didn't evacuate. The Hurricane lost power as it came ashore... but, well, so did the house.

Now, it's past 3:30 AM and there's a mysterious beeping noise coming all the way from the kitchen that's preventing me from sleeping. And I'm using my phone to type this, meaning I'll be losing a lot of battery overnight.

I'm just worried that the garage is flooded or something. I'm too afraid I'll wake up my dad to check, though.

Some of you who live more inland should count your blessings that you don't have to deal with hurricane season. That's all I'm trying to say.

Edit: Florence's eye past us at around 7:00 AM, so we won't be getting the brunt of the winds anymore. It's a shame it took the entire night to move across.

But the garage wasn't flooded or anything bad, so that's a good thing. Besides losing power, I don't think our house had significant damage. We're about to leave the house in a bit, so I'll be able to see how my town (Wilmington) faired as a whole.

Edited by Slambros
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, Slambros said:

I'm in the middle of Hurricane Florence right now, as we didn't evacuate. The Hurricane lost power as it came ashore... but, well, so did the house.

Now, it's past 3:30 AM and there's a mysterious beeping noise coming all the way from the kitchen that's preventing me from sleeping. And I'm using my phone to type this, meaning I'll be losing a lot of battery overnight.

I'm just worried that the garage is flooded or something. I'm too afraid I'll wake up my dad to check, though.

Some of you who live more inland should count your blessings that you don't have to deal with hurricane season. That's all I'm trying to say.

Edit: Florence's eye past us at around 7:00 AM, so we won't be getting the brunt of the winds anymore. It's a shame it took the entire night to move across.

But the garage wasn't flooded or anything bad, so that's a good thing. Besides losing power, I don't think our house had significant damage. We're about to leave the house in a bit, so I'll be able to see how my town (Wilmington) faired as a whole.

Glad to hear you are safe.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Slambros said:

Good to hear you're safe. Last year I was without power for three days from Hurricane Irma so it sounds like you had it easy.

• Like 1

When people say “this couldn’t be made today” it’s normally BS that could’ve been easily released Last week. Saved By The Bell, however, couldn’t be made today.

My mouth was on the floor when those boys kissed Lisa. The controversy over this episode would be enough to get the show canned nowadays.

• Astonished 1