Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Amazon's Jim Ryan is reminds me of those Anime's that start of with one of those really simple, straight-forward plots (e.g. robots v giant aliens. Fighting to defeat an evil school president. Fighting sentient drill machines to take back your land etc) which then ends with a battle for the fate of the universe that takes place on the moon. 

The shit is wild.

On 9/14/2018 at 5:29 PM, AJG said:

When people say “this couldn’t be made today” it’s normally BS that could’ve been easily released Last week. Saved By The Bell, however, couldn’t be made today.

My mouth was on the floor when those boys kissed Lisa. The controversy over this episode would be enough to get the show canned nowadays.

Where the hell is Elizabeth Berkley now? I know people didn't understand her performance in Showgirls at the time, but the movie is well beloved for a while now. She should have made a comeback already. Such a talented and beautiful woman.

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Amazon's Jim Ryan is reminds me of those Anime's that start of with one of those really simple, straight-forward plots (e.g. robots v giant aliens. Fighting to defeat an evil school president. Fighting sentient drill machines to take back your land etc) which then ends with a battle for the fate of the universe that takes place on the moon. 

The shit is wild.

So is this a reccomendation?

i watched the first episode of that jack ryan thought it was just kinda boring. especially jack ryan himself who was just a plain sheet of A4 paper character.

i'm almost done binging the second season of american crime story and it's pretty good even if it doesn't hold a candle to the first. i like the structure of it. don't love the performance of the lead which is a little too mannered and trying too much to be Matt Damon in Talented mr ripley.

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i watched the first episode of that jack ryan thought it was just kinda boring. especially jack ryan himself who was just a plain sheet of A4 paper character.

I watched the first two episodes and the last two episodes. Can't say it gets much better. It's basically the same quality as your typical network procedural but with better production values.

• Thanks 1

Shark Tale wasn’t good, but have they forgotten about

Bright

Suicide Squad

After Earth

Collateral Beauty

Focus

Winter’s Tale

Seven Pounds

Hancock

I, Robot

Men in Black 2

Bad Boys 2

Wild Wild West

Bad Boys

And thats skipping over the mediocre ones

You could make a legitimate case Will Smith has never been in a good movie.

• ...wtf 1