Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, DAR said:

But the NFL has rules to protect its QB’s

If this was referring to my last post, as much as it pains me to say it, this one was on Jimmy G.  He was running down the sideline and pushed ahead for a couple of meaningless yards when, apparently, his knee gave out on a twist just before the hit was made on him.

He should have tried to go for the sideline, but he decided to fight for a few yards that probably wouldn't have mattered.

There's a reason why QBs are coached to go out of bounds whenever they can and this was pretty much Object Lesson #1. :kitschjob:

Edited by Porthos

Took my mother to see The Wife today. Good movie with an incredible lead performance from Glenn Close. I'll be very surprised if she misses a nomination after seeing it even with the movie being a small summer release that won't compete for anything else (even though Jonathan Pryce is really great in it too).

WTF @DeeCee @aabattery

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/23/world/strawberries-new-zealand-australia/index.html

A major New Zealand supermarket chain is removing Australian-brand Choice strawberries from shelves across the country after needles were found in a container of strawberries from Western Australia purchased in Auckland.

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 3

Team mascots are great.  Always there to support the players.

(He's the halfback and spent the entire second half with his shoulder hanging limp.  Post game scans suggested a damaged rotator cuff in his left shoulder)

23 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Team mascots are great.  Always there to support the players.

(He's the halfback and spent the entire second half with his shoulder hanging limp.  Post game scans suggested a damaged rotator cuff in his left shoulder)

I'm guessing this is Australian Florida or something

4 hours ago, Porthos said:

If this was referring to my last post, as much as it pains me to say it, this one was on Jimmy G.  He was running down the sideline and pushed ahead for a couple of meaningless yards when, apparently, his knee gave out on a twist just before the hit was made on him.

He should have tried to go for the sideline, but he decided to fight for a few yards that probably wouldn't have mattered.

There's a reason why QBs are coached to go out of bounds whenever they can and this was pretty much Object Lesson #1. :kitschjob:

I saw the play and it was on him.   But I’m sure the “rules committee” is thinking up ways to penalize a defensive player from pursuing the QB

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Andrew Rannells was my MVP tbh.

I didn't know he was in this, and I'm glad I didn't, because the dude killed it every time he was on screen.

Andrew Rannells is just a national treasure in general tbh. His big moment had my audience applauding.

• Like 1