Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

seeing bohemian rhapsody a couple days ago and The Hate U Give today means i've had to put up with the two worst types of cinema audiences in one week. old ladies and teens.

30 minutes ago, DAR said:

So what you’re saying is you and Han will never go to a movie together 

🤔

But yeah, old ladies are the absolute worst in the theater.

• Sad 1

Old ladies aren't great, but teenagers are the worst. Seeing Love, Simon with a bunch of obnoxious 14 year olds is up there as one of the worst experiences I've had watching a movie. Into the Woods had the same problem with a group of teenage girls giggling and laughing to each other every time someone sang. I haven't gotten around to seeing Hate U Give, but I'm probably gonna see it on a weekday morning because I don't want to deal with that BS.

• Like 1

Old ladies don't bother me when I go to the movies (unlike @WrathOfHan) but I usually don't go to the movies during the "teen-friendly" hours of night so I have no problem there. I will say though that horror movie crowds tend to be a blast. Seeing Halloween last weekend was a trip, the highlight being the part when

Spoiler

Michael Myers stabbed that woman looking out her window through the neck and some guy in the theater yelled "that's how you fucking kill somebody!" to which everybody laughed.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

Old ladies aren't great, but teenagers are the worst. Seeing Love, Simon with a bunch of obnoxious 14 year olds is up there as one of the worst experiences I've had watching a movie. Into the Woods had the same problem with a group of teenage girls giggling and laughing to each other every time someone sang. I haven't gotten around to seeing Hate U Give, but I'm probably gonna see it on a weekday morning because I don't want to deal with that BS.

I had an obnoxious group of five teens sit behind me at Rampage earlier this year. They would not Shut. The. Fuck. UP. My dad was annoyed by them during the ads and trailers but was able to tune them out during the movie; I didn't have that luck though :kitschjob:I wanted to move down a few rows, but in the past, I've told people to shut up with my dad present, and he was pretty mad I spoke up.

I'm really interested to see what Tallahassee's moviegoing demographics are like/how quiet audiences are. Only two more months to find out!

Edited by WrathOfHan

The Sox are my second team, but: A.) It's not like the Mariners are ever going to get their act together, and B.) This is still pretty damn cool.

But it has to suck hard for the Dodgers to watch the other team celebrate on their turf two years in a row.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Porthos said:

'grats to @Webslinger, @captainwondyful, (IIRC) @ACSlater and any other Red Sox fans on this board. :)

Easily the best team of the MLB this year, and they proved it during these playoffs.

Just now, Webslinger said:

The Sox are my second team, but: A.) It's not like the Mariners are ever going to get their act together, and B.) This is still pretty damn cool.

But it has to suck hard for the Dodgers to watch the other team celebrate on their turf two years in a row.

I think the Dodgers are cursed till they work out the TV deal. It's the curse of the 70% of LA which can't watch their games.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Morieris said:

Old people in general are often tools in the theater.

One dude answered a call during Florence Foster Jenkins. If you didn't want to see it why are you here?

id say Americans in general are the worst in the cinemas. They love the sound of their own voice so they feel the need to make comments all the way through a movie because they think they're funny 😂

2 hours ago, Jessie said:

id say Americans in general are the worst in the cinemas. They love the sound of their own voice so they feel the need to make comments all the way through a movie because they think they're funny 😂

Honestly, most of the talking I witness in the theater comes from a general lack of self-awareness. Most seniors are genuinely clueless that they're making noise; the chattering is just natural to them. A lot of seniors by me think they dominate the area (demographically they do) and treat every place like its their own playground. My three month stint with work basically confirmed that, even though there are a lot of awesome and nice seniors. That's not to say I haven't had audiences that are willingly being distracting; this year alone, I had those teens at Rampage and the dumbass parents who brought their one year old to Hereditary.

While watching A Star Is Born I had that fat guy next to me who was eating those chips like it was his last time. I wanted to smack him. Seriously, it was so anti-climatic watching Gaga sing I'll never love again and hearing him brutally smashing those potatos with his teeth.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Watching A Star Is Born I had that fat guy next to me who was eating those chips like it was his last time. I wanted to smack him. Seriously, it was so anti-climatic watching Gaga sing I'll never love again and hearing his smashing those potatos with his teeth.

Oh god I hate people who eat loudly. When I saw Fallout a few months ago, there was a guy 3 seats down from me that kept popping nuts or some shit into his mouth every few minutes for the entire fucking runtime. He was just reclined with the bag right on him blissfully popping them into his mouth. It was kind of fascinating to see. Fallout isn't exactly a short movie, so that was a lot of crap to be eating!

Edited by WrathOfHan