Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The Happy Death Day movies are way more fun than they should have any right to be. I can see why the standard horror crowd wasn't too keen on them, but I enjoyed their wacky shenanigans thoroughly. I just wish they'd thrown all caution to the wind and gone all-out with R ratings.

So I'm going to try and describe this year's Best Picture nominees and their synopses from the top of my head; it might be a little rusty...

Black Cornman

Ron Stallworth wants to get into the agricultural maize industry. But there's one problem: he's black.

Blake Panther

Blake Shelton wants to be the best country singer in America. But there's just one problem: he's a panther.

Chameleon Rhapsody

Freddie Mercury wants to be a great singer. But there's just one problem: he's invisible.

The Flavor-ite

Queen Anne wants to be a really great chef. But there's just one problem: her food doesn't have any flavor.

Mean Book

Tony Lip wants to learn how to read. But there's just one problem: the book he's reading contains really explicit content.

Chroma

Cleo wants to learn about purity and intensity of color. But there's just one problem: the lecture is snoozeworthy.

A Star is Corn

Jackson Maine also wants to get into the agricultural maize industry. But there's just one problem: he's white.

Vase

Dick Cheney wants to become the Vice President of the United States. But there's just one problem: he's a vase--in other words, he's an inanimate object.

Hopefully I got at least a few of them right...

(I'm sure everyone understands I'm joking...)

Edited by Slambros

Dude sitting next to me at How to Train Your Dragon last night was a dead ringer for Rafi Gavron (the guy who played the British manager in A Star is Born). If he hadn't opened up his mouth and revealed a completely different voice I would've asked if it was him. Also there was a dude leaving at the end who was wearing a The Last Jedi shirt. And here I thought it damaged the brand smh.

I've actually kinda enjoyed how Malek and the rest of the BoRap team have been alternative facts-ing their way through awards season re: the Bryan Singer situation (especially when everyone's been buying it too judging by how far it's gotten). He thanked Dexter Fletcher in his BAFTA speech the other week even though it's been widely publicized that he only made 5% of the movie while Singer made the rest (including the entire Live Aid sequence). I get they're in a damned-if-they-do/damned-if-they-don't situation but dude.

29 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I've actually kinda enjoyed how Malek and the rest of the BoRap team have been alternative facts-ing their way through awards season re: the Bryan Singer situation (especially when everyone's been buying it too judging by how far it's gotten). He thanked Dexter Fletcher in his BAFTA speech the other week even though it's been widely publicized that he only made 5% of the movie while Singer made the rest (including the entire Live Aid sequence). I get they're in a damned-if-they-do/damned-if-they-don't situation but dude.

The movie magically appeared in John Ottman’s Avid, don’t you know?

19 minutes ago, filmlover said:

They are officially the ultimate FLOP STUDIO, amirite?

On another forum, someone constantly refers to them with #ThanksAnnapurna sarcastically.

It's rubbed off on me and every time I see they buy something I want to see, I just give up on seeing it in the theater.

Thank god The Farewell got bought by A24.

Just now, Morieris said:

On another forum, someone constantly refers to them with #ThanksAnnapurna sarcastically.

It's rubbed off on me and every time I see they buy something I want to see, I just give up on seeing it in the theater.

Thank god The Farewell got bought by A24.

Have they made or bought anything since they sold off all of their projects in development (including Fair & Balanced) though? I read a thing in Hollywood Reporter that they've undergone a reboot of sorts so no more big spending like $60M on Vice (Why? How?) or the like I guess.