Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

14 hours ago, TMP said:

Titans is a bad show, and it only gets worse. Probably best to skip it and just watch the Doom Patrol show, the only good funnybook show that's currently not cancelled yet.

You know, we watched episode 2 of Titans last night b/c we are gluttons...and amazingly, it somehow got worse.  And the casting, oh the casting...although as I mentioned to my spouse, "what's an actor/actress supposed to do with this material?"  

But, I'm now fully committed to the hate watch, b/c my spouse is enjoying the badness of this and is willing to spend time together every night to watch this...and since he watches almost nothing else with me, I'm in for it:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

15 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

You know, we watched episode 2 of Titans last night b/c we are gluttons...and amazingly, it somehow got worse.  And the casting, oh the casting...although as I mentioned to my spouse, "what's an actor/actress supposed to do with this material?"  

But, I'm now fully committed to the hate watch, b/c my spouse is enjoying the badness of this and is willing to spend time together every night to watch this...and since he watches almost nothing else with me, I'm in for it:)...

Watch Doom Patrol!! that's a good show on the DCU app

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

Watch Doom Patrol!! that's a good show on the DCU app

That's my summer plan...I refuse to pay for the service except in one month intervals...and Doom Patrol only has 1/2 their season up (and my sub expires at the end of April), while Titans is wrapped...with a lot of June travel, we plan to pick up a month in July to cover Doom Patrol:)...

@CJohn

Dude, BELMONTE IS COMING BACK.

.....to 6PM. Against Avenida Brasil.

Starts next Monday - this is Friday - meaning it'll have next to no promotion during all of the 3 days before it debuts. And it premieres in a time slot where there's already a soap opera re-run in the rival channel AND Globo Portugal have soaps of their own pulling huge results for cable programs. This despite the fact that Amor Maior fucking #crumbled at the ratings yesterday, losing to RTP1 in the 2PM slot (both still beat TVI and the Mexican nonsense, though :rofl:).

Cancel TVI asap. What a fucking waste of what could've been an instant hit at 2PM.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

21 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn

Dude, BELMONTE IS COMING BACK.

.....to 6PM. Against Avenida Brasil.

Starts next Monday - this is Friday - meaning it'll have next to no promotion during all of the 3 days before it debuts. And it premieres in a time slot where there's already a soap opera re-run in the rival channel AND Globo Portugal have soaps of their own pulling huge results for cable programs. This despite the fact that Amor Maior fucking #crumbled at the ratings yesterday, losing to RTP1 in the 2PM slot (both still beat TVI and the Mexican nonsense, though :rofl:).

Cancel TVI asap. What a fucking waste of what could've been an instant hit at 2PM.

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS PEOPLE.

I am starting to believe the articles about people on TVI trying to kill the channel for it to be sold for cheap are real. This is insane.

I hope somehow it airs until the end for those old ladies unaware of the ending to be shocked and confused when they witness it.

But for real, yeah, Belmonte would be a beast in the 2 PM slot.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

I am sick and tired of franchise, assembly line filmmaking, sequels, cinematic universes, spin offs adaptations of video games and whatnot.

BUT 

I think next October franchise filmmaking is going to make such a leap forward that nothing will be the same ever again.

A visionary filmmaker has been given all the power he needs to make a genuine artistic statement in a sea of blandness, CGI green screen vomit and tried formulas.

A game changer is coming and our savior looks like this :

188884.jpg

ALL HAIL TO THE TODD.

NEXT OCTOBER, THE JOKE WILL BE ON ALL OF US.

YOU VE BEEN WARNED.

10 minutes ago, ACSlater said:

Is it just me or the vocabulary these days horrible in people?

Taciturn is an elementary level word people

A tiny minority of 140+ IQ people behind AI computers will rule a majority of idiots.

17 hours ago, shouldnt have shouldnt be said:

I feel so depressed right now like my whole body is going to melt into the ground

my insides feel inflamed

Sometimes I get earnestly concerned about what's up with you

10 hours ago, ACSlater said:

Is it just me or the vocabulary these days horrible in people?

Taciturn is an elementary level word people

You are aware about:

- a lot here are not native English speaker, for some English is not even their first or second foreign language and some even have to learn your letters too?

- teenagers too are here, again, not all native English speakers and so on

On 4/4/2019 at 11:43 PM, TMP said:

Titans is a bad show, and it only gets worse. Probably best to skip it and just watch the Doom Patrol show, the only good funnybook show that's currently not cancelled yet.

But Titans is edgy because they say fuck. 

3 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

:whosad:

I guess there's no chance of the Ferrell/Reilly pairing being redeemed from Holmes & Watson now. Ferrell should try stepping out of his comfort zone like Steve Carell has, even if his attempts at establishing himself as a Serious Actor has produced mixed results at best.

Edited by filmlover