Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Leftovers was robbed of a ton of stuff in general.

I low-key hope Ghosbusters 2020 makes huge bank if only to make Carrie Coon the A-lister she deserves to be

6 minutes ago, DAR said:

I think Disney is just fine with people seeing SOTS through unofficial means.  It’s a headache they wish to avoid 

I mean, even Disney Legend herself Whoopi Goldberg has said Disney should release it because it's history. But they're only becoming more and more protective of their image as being the ultimate source for family-friendly fun. They finally just banned smoking from the parks when that should've happened, oh, I don't know, a long ass time ago?

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

mulholland25.jpg

tumblr_p5f2z8zql51qa71fyo3_540.gif

I suppose Mulholland Drive is one step more popular than Leftovers, but damn totally forgot he was the Code Breaker in TLJ for a bit. Not sure how big Maniac was, but he was the best part of that. The less said about Mute the better.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I suppose Mulholland Drive is one step more popular than Leftovers, but damn totally forgot he was the Code Breaker in TLJ for a bit. Not sure how big Maniac was, but he was the best part of that. The less said about Mute the better.

He co-wrote Tropic Thunder too. Weird career.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

For me HBO has a killer lineup this year

True Detective 

Barry

GOT

Big Little Lies

Chernobyl

Succession 

Watchmen 

It's insane. I hope their quality control continues even with the new CEO.

Watchmen was, and still remains, my most anticipated funnybook anything out this year - if only because of just how good The Leftovers was. Post-Leftovers Lindelof feels like a completely different writer in terms of satisfying resolutions. 

• Like 1

It'll be interesting to see how HBO does post-Game of Thrones. Westworld was their bid for the next GOT but that didn't quite pan out. We'll see if Watchmen can fill that void, although they were looking for the next Sopranos for a while after it ended and GOT ended up becoming just that and more.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

It'll be interesting to see how HBO does post-Game of Thrones. Westworld was their bid for the next GOT but that didn't quite pan out. We'll see if Watchmen can fill that void, although they were looking for the next Sopranos for a while after it ended and GOT ended up becoming just that and more.

If Watchmen is anything like Leftovers season 2/3 (since it's a sequel to the book like those seasons), it's gonna be way too esoteric to be the next GoT. I feel like the next GoT is gonna be... their GoT prequel show, with Mulholland Drive alum Naomi Watts. Views might not be anywhere near the original show though, going by the law of diminishing prequel returns recently.

Just now, TMP said:

If Watchmen is anything like Leftovers season 2/3 (since it's a sequel to the book like those seasons), it's gonna be way too esoteric to be the next GoT. I feel like the next GoT is gonna be... their GoT prequel show, with Mulholland Drive alum Naomi Watts. Views might not be anywhere near the original show though, going by the law of diminishing prequel returns recently.

I'm just hoping that GOT prequel series can revive Watts' film career. She's far too good of an actress to be floundering in dreck like Diana and Shut In and The Book of Henry.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I was into the first season of Westworld.  But watching last season I felt the creators were just being too clever for their own good 

This weekend we have avengers Friday (didn’t do Thursday because of sons school).   And again on Saturday.  Amazingly I got both nights off my new job.  Finished my first week and I love my job.  Management is awesome, as are the other workers. But boy my body hurts.  Not used to being on my feet all day.

So, I finally saw Shazam today...and wow!  What a well done origin story!  It was great!  My full review is in the Shazam thread, but here's hoping the word keeps getting out and the movie legs keep kicking:).  I felt like it was the best spend of my movie money since Infinity War last year...

• Like 1