Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 hours ago, CJohn said:

I am expecting 30% share for the premiere, with Fernando Mendes sinking to 15% share and TVI with 6-7% share.

30% feels like a stretch imo. More like 27/28, which is close enough. However, I do think TVI is crashing to 6 and The Price Is Right will be lucky to top 15.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

August is gonna be a busy TV month for me between Glow, Succession, and Mindhunter returning plus Dark Crystal (cause of course!). Possibly The Righteous Gemstones and On Becoming a God in Central Florida too if I hear good things about them.

There is going to be no middle ground on that one.   It's either going to be hysterical or the most painful thing ever

@CJohn Welp, Win Your Wish List did not exactly meet expectations. 7.7% rating and 22.4% share. High share rates on the interior of the country and in the elder demographics, though, so maybe it will have legs.

Cláudio Ramos hosting O Programa da Cristina probably was one of the culprits, as the show sank to 21.7% share; however, it's not like Win Your Wish List itself was good enough to warrant a lot of people watching anyway. Even with Cristina. It's lucky that it has no competition, because it would flop otherwise.

------------------------

So, WYWL was actually more watchable today, thank God. Still not that good tho and definitely not worthy of Cristina. Were it not for her, it would go under 20% share without a doubt and maybe even lose the leadership to The Price Is Right (even on repeat mode). Because it has Cristina, it will likely maintain the leadership and the 20%, but with much lower numbers than expected. Go figure.

On other news, TVI announced that Raid The Cage is coming to 6PM on Saturday and that Sunday night will be occupied by a Roast to José Castelo Branco........ and Prisioneira. Suicidal wishes from Queluz :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

6 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn Welp, Win Your Wish List did not exactly meet expectations. 7.7% rating and 22.4% share. High share rates on the interior of the country and in the elder demographics, though, so maybe it will have legs.

Cláudio Ramos hosting O Programa da Cristina probably was one of the culprits, as the show sank to 21.7% share; however, it's not like Win Your Wish List itself was good enough to warrant a lot of people watching anyway. Even with Cristina. It's lucky that it has no competition, because it would flop otherwise.

------------------------

So, WYWL was actually more watchable today, thank God. Still not that good tho and definitely not worthy of Cristina. Were it not for her, it would go under 20% share without a doubt and maybe even lose the leadership to The Price Is Right (even on repeat mode). Because it has Cristina, it will likely maintain the leadership and the 20%, but with much lower numbers than expected. Go figure.

On other news, TVI announced that Raid The Cage is coming to 6PM on Saturday and that Sunday night will be occupied by a Roast to José Castelo Branco........ and Prisioneira. Suicidal wishes from Queluz :ph34r:

Goucha is finally gonna pull a win later in Cristina's vacations. 

I also think Mendes will pull some victories here and there at 7 PM. I saw a bit of Cristina's Win Your Wish List and yeah... weak, very weak.

The Dancing repeats lasted one week :hahaha: 

Edited by CJohn

24 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Goucha is finally gonna pull a win later in Cristina's vacations. 

I also think Mendes will pull some victories here and there at 7 PM. I saw a bit of Cristina's Win Your Wish List and yeah... weak, very weak.

The Dancing repeats lasted one week :hahaha: 

Oh no, Goucha is not coming anywhere near victory either. He did 12% and came in third to both Cláudio Ramos and the Tour of Portugal talk show :hahaha:

I wouldn't be surprised, but August is traditionally The Price Is Right's weakest month. However, word of mouth on Win Your Wish List is not good. It will not have it easy. SIC will have to wait until Married to hit monster numbers at 7PM again.

Actually, the Dancing repeats stay, but Raid is coming to occupy the Festa do Verão spot (so I take it it will actually be 7PM, not 6PM) :hahaha: TVI COMING FOR 11% AGAIN :hahaha:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

12 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Oh no, Goucha is not coming anywhere near victory either. He did 12% and came in third to both Cláudio Ramos and the Tour of Portugal talk show :hahaha:

I wouldn't be surprised, but August is traditionally The Price Is Right's weakest month. However, word of mouth on Win Your Wish List is not good. It will not have it easy. SIC will have to wait until Married to hit monster numbers at 7PM again.

Actually, the Dancing repeats stay, but Raid is coming to occupy the Festa do Verão spot (so I take it it will actually be 7PM, not 6PM) :hahaha: TVI COMING FOR 11% AGAIN :hahaha:

Goucha is dead. Bury it.

Yeah, I forgot Mendes usually flops on August before exploding in late September back to his usual numbers.

How? How can a network not pull Dancing after that embarassing result. And First Dates is still occupying the 7 PM slot on weekdays lmao.

41 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Goucha is dead. Bury it.

Yeah, I forgot Mendes usually flops on August before exploding in late September back to his usual numbers.

How? How can a network not pull Dancing after that embarassing result. And First Dates is still occupying the 7 PM slot on weekdays lmao.

One of Cristina's phone calls must've been her telling TVI "tell me, do you bleed? You will".

That's probably one of the reasons why premiering a game show at 7PM in August was a smart move. Unfortunately, Cristina chose a balls format. Watchable and probably the best thing at 7PM atm (TPIR is dull now and First Dates was always weak), but still balls.

It's not like they lack choice either, they could easily put a movie on instead of the repeats. But nope. Note that Felipa Garner took over on Monday and this was her 1st mandate. Raid can't possibly do worse than Festa, but it'll still be a fight for 10% tops. The scariest aspect is Prisioneira on Sunday night against the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife, though :rofl:

Also, SIC has begun promotion on Did You Get The Message, the Raminhos format that will replace Farmer. Looks kinda cute, like a cutesy Just For Laughs. And with the non-competition and the mega hit of Comedy On The Edge, it will only not do well if it sucks (like WYWL).

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

One of Cristina's phone calls must've been her telling TVI "tell me, do you bleed? You will".

That's probably one of the reasons why premiering a game show at 7PM in August was a smart move. Unfortunately, Cristina chose a balls format. Watchable and probably the best thing at 7PM atm (TPIR is dull now and First Dates was always weak), but still balls.

It's not like they lack choice either, they could easily put a movie on instead of the repeats. But nope. Note that Felipa Garner took over on Monday and this was her 1st mandate. Raid can't possibly do worse than Festa, but it'll still be a fight for 10% tops. The scariest aspect is Prisioneira on Sunday night against the finale of The Farmer Wants A Wife, though :rofl:

Also, SIC has begun promotion on Did You Get The Message, the Raminhos format that will replace Farmer. Looks kinda cute, like a cutesy Just For Laughs. And with the non-competition and the mega hit of Comedy On The Edge, it will only not do well if it sucks (like WYWL).

What a disaster to see Goucha alone TANKING against RTP1 and SIC. He was easily leading alone 1 year ago.

Prisioneira is a flop and honestly I think throwing it to Saturdays and Sundays is just a way to burn throught it faster, and it is not like they have anything better. It is going to have an horrendous share on Sunday.

Raid could probably pull 10% share but with the Dancing lead in it definitly won't. I am not even sure what Filipa Garnel can do with what she has to play with right now. Might as well wait for late September/October and unleash an entire new set of shows at the same time.

Raminhos is gonna occupy Sunday nights until Married? It will probably be a hit because it is airing on SIC I guess.

These companies are really trying to murder Netflix aren’t they...

Disney Confirms Disney Plus-Hulu-ESPN Plus Bundle For $12.99 A Month

Anyone else offering up a sports package?

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 4

8 minutes ago, CJohn said:

What a disaster to see Goucha alone TANKING against RTP1 and SIC. He was easily leading alone 1 year ago.

Prisioneira is a flop and honestly I think throwing it to Saturdays and Sundays is just a way to burn throught it faster, and it is not like they have anything better. It is going to have an horrendous share on Sunday.

Raid could probably pull 10% share but with the Dancing lead in it definitly won't. I am not even sure what Filipa Garnel can do with what she has to play with right now. Might as well wait for late September/October and unleash an entire new set of shows at the same time.

Raminhos is gonna occupy Sunday nights until Married? It will probably be a hit because it is airing on SIC I guess.

Even as far back as December, he was crushing the competition. When Maria came onto the scene, Você na TV was still hitting over 30%. All it took was one megastar and one mindblowing, innovative concept and everything changed. Insane.

I know that they're trying to burn off Prisioneira, but this is only going to do more damage on the weekday performance of the show, which is already embarrassing enough as is. They could stretch Somos Portugal to night. They've done that before. Didn't work great, but it's still a better option. Prisioneira is making everyone miss Valor da Vida and A Teia.

TVI's Saturdays are an absolute joke. Even on short term, keeping movies would've been a better idea. Now, Filipa Garnel has absolutely nowhere to go, and I doubt she'll do shit in October outside of Ricky Martin and MasterChef anyway. And the only reason why their Sundays haven't crumbled yet is because of Somos Portugal. That's it. The Dancing and Raid duo will be a catastrophe.

It seems like that's the plan. Raminhos, then the Golden Globes, then the Elections and then Married. Married is only coming in October. And yeah, if it's good, it'll blow up. I mean, even shitty Win Your Wish List is doing OK results, nothing flops on SIC anymore.

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Even as far back as December, he was crushing the competition. When Maria came onto the scene, Você na TV was still hitting over 30%. All it took was one megastar and one mindblowing, innovative concept and everything changed. Insane.

I know that they're trying to burn off Prisioneira, but this is only going to do more damage on the weekday performance of the show, which is already embarrassing enough as is. They could stretch Somos Portugal to night. They've done that before. Didn't work great, but it's still a better option. Prisioneira is making everyone miss Valor da Vida and A Teia.

TVI's Saturdays are an absolute joke. Even on short term, keeping movies would've been a better idea. Now, Filipa Garnel has absolutely nowhere to go, and I doubt she'll do shit in October outside of Ricky Martin and MasterChef anyway. And the only reason why their Sundays haven't crumbled yet is because of Somos Portugal. That's it. The Dancing and Raid duo will be a catastrophe.

It seems like that's the plan. Raminhos, then the Golden Globes, then the Elections and then Married. Married is only coming in October. And yeah, if it's good, it'll blow up. I mean, even shitty Win Your Wish List is doing OK results, nothing flops on SIC anymore.

Ricky Martin, MasterChef, Kitchen Nightmares, Morangos com Açúcar, rumored new reality show, rebooted morning/afternoon shows. I mean yeah, maybe they all bomb, but there is a lot coming to TVI very soon.