Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

24 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I never understood how it could be possible for anyone with a job to not have an email address or a cell phone in this day and age, let alone a prominent movie director. 

A bit like lot of people in high position often didn't wrote letters themselves before, when you have assistants with cell phone and e-mails (and your wife is a producers on your movies), it open a world of possibility.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

I never understood how it could be possible for anyone with a job to not have an email address or a cell phone in this day and age, let alone a prominent movie director. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

A bit like lot of people in high position often didn't wrote letters themselves before, when you have assistants with cell phone and e-mails (and your wife is a producers on your movies), it open a world of possibility.

Yeah, if Chris Nolan was still stuck directing corporate videos, he'd have an email address/social media accounts, otherwise he wouldn't get work. It helps that Memento happened before workplaces went so digital, by the time it was he probably had an assistant, and a lot of the things a director would get emailed about could just as easily go to his producing partner/wife. Poor Emma Thomas, though, besides all the work emails Nolan avoids, she must get all the parent/teacher school crap sent to her, too, and they have four kids! 

Only reason I'd subscribe to this right now:

Unless they also have the TCM collection at launch too.

Edit: They will have it at launch. I guess I'm subscribing when they launch this then. I wonder when they will get the Criterion Collection stuff they promised too.

Edited by lorddemaxus

58 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Hot take: I don’t understand what it is about the Snyder Cut movement that gets people so riled up. 

Simple. The Snyder Cut stans are the most whiny, obnoxious, and ungrateful denizens of film and geek Twitter (and that's saying a lot). They infest the social media feeds of anything and everything related to WB, even when they have nothing to do with DC, dogpile on any DC stuff that isn't Snyder-related, and push this shit down everyone's throat, all for some dumbass movie that nobody actually cares about. Go into any of the HBO Max tweets, and you have these losers pestering, begging for a different cut for a movie that everybody has moved on from. They've even done that on the tweet for the Elmo show. How can these idiots put their obnoxious bullshit on somebody as pure as Elmo?

Back in my day, when bad movies were bad, we accepted it and moved on. But no, these guys need to feel as if they need to be rewarded for harassing people and whining about their dumbass cut every other minute, because apparently the only thing that matters in their entire lives is not their careers, family, loved ones, or whatever, but some dumb superhero movie.

Sorry if that's harsh, and I know this will strike a nerve to some, but I'm telling it like it is. WB's also in the wrong for capitulating and feeding into this by forcing Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck's PR team to put out the hashtag in a cheap attempt to gain publicity.

38 minutes ago, TMP said:

Hot take: I don’t understand what it is about Big Chungus that gets people so riled up. 

Eh, there's better memes out there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

this is the worst timeline, the whole thing is a parody of shounen superheroes what even is the point of making it live-action :thinking:,

let alone giving it to the Venom writers :bagoverhead:

Easy. The movie will be a parody of Hollywood capeshit.