Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Gross. 

The great thing about this reply is that I have no idea if you're saying "Gross" to the paucity of extra features for movies/TV shows on streaming services or "Gross" at my suggestion that we should get back to having more or them like the good ol' days. :lol: 

You know what?  I'll think I'll just live with the ambiguity.  It's funnier that way. ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Porthos said:

The great thing about this reply is that I have no idea if you're saying "Gross" to the paucity of extra features for movies/TV shows on streaming services or "Gross" at my suggestion that we should get back to having more or them like the good ol' days. :lol: 

You know what?  I'll think I'll just live with the ambiguity.  It's funnier that way. ;)

Neither. :lol: I’m just in an anti-franchise mood these days. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Neither. :lol: I’m just in an anti-franchise mood these days. 

Oh. you were reacting to the Mando side-comment I made then.  Fair enuf. 👍   

Well, the lack of DVD-like extra features really does apply to everything, franchise or not, you know. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 1

lmao at Emily in Paris making it into Best Comedy series after its nomination at the Golden Globes (RIP?) a few months ago raised so many eyebrows.

The Handmaid's Tale made one hell of a comeback.

I've been meaning to get around to watching both The Boys and Bridgerton so I guess I know what my next shows to binge are.

I was gonna crack a joke about all of WandaVision's noms, but my dumbass is gonna probably campaign for both Owen Wilson and Richard E. Grant hard during the BOFFYs next year. So yeah, probably gonna keep my mouth shut.

Geez, they sure nominated everyone from Hamilton, did they? At least Jonathan Groff is finally an Emmy nominee so there's that.

Is Evan Peters gonna win Supporting Actor Limited Series? No one else in that category has any traction, especially with half the nominees being from one program.

Just now, Lucas said:

Fucking nothing for It's A Sin, Small Axe or any of the actors in Underground Railroad. It's like they're actively trying to make the television landscape look bleak.

I mean, it's the Emmys. As inspired as their choices are sometimes, they can also be really lazy. Remember when Modern Family kept winning year after year until it officially became old news?

Just now, filmlover said:

I mean, it's the Emmys. As inspired as their choices are sometimes, they can also be really lazy. Remember when Modern Family kept winning year after year until it officially became old news?

Modern Family would have kept winning if not for the voting rules changing. That change just led to Veep keeping on winning instead.

Now hopefully it's Ted Lasso's turn.