Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

47 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Fuck. This. Asshole.

You are surprised Cruz said this?

Texas is not a civilized country. If there was a  way to kick it out of the Union, I would be 1000% for it.

And the Texas Attorney General said the answer is to arm teachers.......

GOd, I hate that freaking state and it;s population of irgorant rednecks who are proud of their ignorance.

Irony is I am beginning to agree with the GOP on gun ownership, since we might need guns to protect ourselsves from the right wing wackjobs.......

Edited by dudalb

2 hours ago, grim22 said:

Fuck this. 14 ELEMENTARY school kids were killed. I drop my daughter off to her elementary school daily and these kids are barely taller than like 4 and a half feet or so. These are barely 10 year olds, their ages just reaching double digits. 

How is the NRA so all powerful to prevent any kind of meaningful gun reform in the US?

In a few weeks time, the Supreme Court will release a 6-3 decision where they will make it even easier to buy and carry guns anywhere. 

This country is lost if kids can't be guaranteed that they will come back home safe when they go to school.

And before anyone starts the "there should have been a good guy with a gun" nonsense - there were 3 security guards with guns who did nothing.

I can answer the  question in bold letters in one word: MONEY.

Now Cruz is saying arming teachers is the answer.

Screw him.

Screw  that hypocrite GOvernor Abbott who is shedding tears while he has supported repealing all laws on gun ownership.

Screw the whole state. I hate Texas.

• Knock It Off 1

I can't for the life of me imagine how anyone could take anything that comes out of Ted Cruz's mouth seriously when he has no shame getting into public "feuds" with fictional children's characters like Big Bird and Mickey Mouse (even going as far as announcing to the world that he fantasizes about the latter and his pet dog doing the horizontal mambo - at least we know who the real pervs are).

The news of the school shooting has left me absolutely heartbroken and angry at the same time, once again. And this country being as fucked up as it is, I doubt anything will be actually be done about it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I can't for the life of me imagine how anyone could take anything that comes out of Ted Cruz's mouth seriously when he has no shame getting into public "feuds" with fictional children's characters like Big Bird and Mickey Mouse (even going as far as announcing to the world that he fantasizes about the latter and his pet dog doing the horizontal mambo - at least we know who the real pervs are).

The news of the school shooting has left me absolutely heartbroken and angry at the same time, once again. And this country being as fucked up as it is, I doubt anything will be actually be done about it.

I think as we seen with covid, ukraine and many issues people just normalize themselves to that level of violence and death as normal and go on with their lives.

More people have died of Covid in the past 5 months in Canada then in all of 2020 but no one cares about covid anymore much it seems.

If the nation never acted after Sandy Hook I doubt this will.

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

A thing that is genuinely making me angry in a big way is that the families are having to crowdfund funeral expenses. 

"Crowdfunding for funeral expenses for your 10 year old who was shot at school as part of a mass shooting carried out a person who the police could not stop despite confronting him before he got to the school" sounds like something that a dystopian novel would include to show just how far society has crumbled.

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

A thing that is genuinely making me angry in a big way is that the families are having to crowdfund funeral expenses. 

"Crowdfunding for funeral expenses for your 10 year old who was shot at school as part of a mass shooting carried out a person who the police could not stop despite confronting him before he got to the school" sounds like something that a dystopian novel would include to show just how far society has crumbled.

Routine mass shootings and crowdfunding for funeral and pandemic medical expenses with billions of dollars casually being sent overseas in the midst of soaring inflation is a sign of a healthy, functional, and not at all dying society. patriot2.gif

6 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Routine mass shootings and crowdfunding for funeral and pandemic medical expenses with billions of dollars casually being sent overseas in the midst of soaring inflation is a sign of a healthy, functional, and not at all dying society. patriot2.gif

Yeah govt says they have no money to help the poor with grocery bills but they sent like billions bucks to Ukraine lol

44 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

Yeah govt says they have no money to help the poor with grocery bills but they sent like billions bucks to Ukraine lol

I see Putin;s little helpers are here....

Ozy has been basically stanning for Putin since day one.

Edited by dudalb

18 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I see Putin;s little helpers are here....

Ozy has been basically stanning for Putin since day one.

You are probably the worst poster on this forum, nothing but cringe vapid posts full of bad spelling and grammar no matter the topic.

Big news over here. Netflix and Disney have killed the CBBC.

The Tory government have been trying trying to defund and trim the BBC for years, and frankly I don't think kids bother with live TV anyway (i dont think mine have ever seen Blue Peter once in their lives). 

4 minutes ago, AJG said:

Big news over here. Netflix and Disney have killed the CBBC.

The Tory government have been trying trying to defund and trim the BBC for years, and frankly I don't think kids bother with live TV anyway (i dont think mine have ever seen Blue Peter once in their lives). 

This is sad, hopefully Alphablocks, Numberblocks and other shows continue.

Those are great and very educational and my daughter watches them on YouTube a lot.

In less heavy news, there goes whatever attempt at a comeback he might've been planning: