Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Broadway is pretty much its own little world with its own set of rules of operating, unlike movie theaters, etc. For instance, they make sure you put away your phone before the show starts, and have been tightening up on that over the past few days*.

* for those not in the know, Jesse Williams is in a play right now (that he also just earned a Tony nomination for) where he has a nude scene, someone snuck a phone into the theatre and recorded said nude scene, shared it on the Internet, and now the leaker has been blasted by everyone and efforts have been made to take the video down. Let that be a lesson that what happens on a Broadway stage, stays on the Broadway stage.

Ah I see yeah like downtown Toronto there some places operate with super strict rules like its 2021 still and the  in the suburbs where i live no one cares about it much anymore it seems.

Full weddings with no masks and etc.

It can be very regional now.

55 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I get mask mandates being dropped at this stage in the game, but people that mock other people for still wearing masks can just fuck right off...you don't know that person's health situation or better yet their financial situation because since this is America they may not be able to afford to go to the doctor if they get sick.  I know two people with brutal Long Covid and they'll probably never feel comfortable being in an indoor public space without a KN-95 mask on ever again and its totally understandable after seeing what they have to live with everyday.  Masks never should've been politicized but this dumb country just can't help itself.

It's not only america masks are political in canada too now.

13 hours ago, lilmac said:

I usually wouldn't go to an establishment that required masking but as soon as I can, while inside the establishment, I'll take it off. 

Don't tell me, you would refuse to be vaccnianated also because it is all a liberal plot....

7 hours ago, Tarintino said:

In the UK masks have never been political it seems. We wore them when asked then stopped when it was no longer required

In the US a good deal of the Right has simply rejected science. IMHO it's a direct result of the rise to power of the Religious Right, who hate science because it disagrees with their book of Fairy Tales...

Mods: Deleting my comment for suggesting Elon Musk will improve twitter is completely out of order. It's not rude nor is it against the rules. It may go against your opinion of the guy but that shouldn't give you the right to remove my post. The guy made Paypal huge and everywhere I look I see people driving Teslas. With just 300m users on twitter compared 2.9b from Facebook, there's cleary massive room to grow and looking at his track record, it's safe to assume he can begin to close that gap. Twitter no longer being so biased will do nothing but improve it

If someone can point out in your rule section where I crossed the line that would be great becasuse im baffled

Edited by Tarintino

The Musk Twitter deal is on hold.

Musk must be getting cold feet on this deal.

Hopefully his bizarre behavior has opened the eyes of some of the Musk Cultist, for who he is GOd and can do no wrong. Yes ,he has done some good things like Space X, but he has also done some batcrap crazy things also. He is a classic "unstable Genius" like his idol Tesla.

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

The Musk Twitter deal is on hold.

Musk must be getting cold feet on this deal.

Hopefully his bizarre behavior has opened the eyes of some of the Musk Cultist, for who he is GOd and can do no wrong. Yes ,he has done some good things like Space X, but he has also done some batcrap crazy things also. He is a classic "unstable Genius" like his idol Tesla.

It seems more likely that the stocks taking a tumble of almost 30% make it difficult for him to sell Tesla stock to cover it (assuming that's how he foots the bill). He's lost more than Twitters worth since the announcement

Or Maybe Musk has just already gotten tired of his New Toy.

And I suspect Musk, who loves to be loved, relized he was making a lot of enemies with his attempted Twitter takeover. he has sort of tried to remain above politics, and relises he is losing more populairty with his perceived turn to the right then he has gained.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2022 at 12:25 AM, lilmac said:

@baumer I believe June 2002 was when the BOT forums started and we met. It's almost 20 yrs!

We are still going strong. I mostly lurk but post once in awhile nowadays (I am also part owner of the WOKJ boxoffice movie forums). We are still in the game! 

It's been a great 20 years. Posting side by side with you, predicting movie grosses from Spiderman 2 to MBFGW to Avatar. 

Here's to 20 more!

#cause4celebration!

DAMN!  20 years buddy.  We were one of the originals.  Glad to have gone on this journey with you and looking forward to 20 more.  

2 hours ago, Morieris said:

Yessss my top song won Eurovision.

Reveal hidden contents

Eurovision was so entertaining this year,

Spoiler

Because there’s no way in hell that Ukraine was not gonna win. I mean I could’ve told you that before they even released any of the songs. And I’m really glad they did. And I think it’s even better that they won on the public vote. 

I also would tell anyone that said they just won out of a sympathy vote to go back and rewatch Eurovision’s. That song was the perfect Eurovision song. It was outrageous and it was political and it was upbeat and it was fun.

ESU definitely kept things interesting. There was a significant amount of drama/tension going into the final vote, since I was like oh my god is the UK gonna win? And how crazy is that! Going from zero points to winning the next year would be the most remarkable face turn. Plus that song is a banger. I’ve had it on repeat since the show ended. So UK placing second felt like a really good redemption arc will still giving us the satisfying ending that we wanted.

It was also very fun to follow everyone on Twitter in the UK being like what is happening? Why are we getting points? This is not how things are supposed to go!!

And the best thing ever was Moldovia coming out of no where to place So high. They’re always my favorite country. I feel like they perfectly understand the assignment every year. No ballads. Only camp insanity. So I was really pleased to see people respond so positively to them.

Mom wanted Spain to win