Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 5/28/2022 at 7:32 PM, Webslinger said:

Also: I'm sure this question has come up many a time, but is there any way to switch up the ads that are generated while browsing this site? I get a ton of ads for a far-right political candidate (whose presence baffles me since I didn't even know he was running against the incumbent - of whom I am also not a fan - until the ads started showing up) that I would rather not have visible over my shoulder when I open this site up on work breaks at Starbucks. ;)

A good ad block program will do the job.

I am honestly so upset about this. CM Punk is my favorite wrestler, period. I watch wrestling cause of him. I like it for other reasons; and I have other favorites, but Punk > All. 

And so when they announced Forbidden Door, I was elated. This event is gonna be AMAZING. CM Punk back in Chicago. ON MY BIRTHDAY. 

So I booked my plane ticket before I got my tickets. Which was a disaster, because getting tickets was a disaster. And it was more money than I thought it was going to be, but I was like it’s fine it’s my birthday. I’m going to make this work.

and now I’m just so upset. I like don’t even know if I should figure out a way to get a voucher for my plane ticket and like sell my tickets. It’s all going to be amazing. And like it’s still gonna be insane to be there and watch all of it. And I mean the cards still gonna be stacked. But I just feel like it’s not gonna be the same. And it’s not gonna be what I thought and imagined and I’ve been looking forward to. Like I’m just setting myself up for disappointment if I go.

and I’m so angry because they just put the title on him. And there were so many storylines, and the momentum was so good. And we still haven’t resolved the MJF stuff, and you knew, you knew, that punk was going to get involved with that. And hopefully maybe he’ll still be there to talk/deal promos, but still like shit. This is fucking terrible.

We waited seven years for him to come back. We can wait a little longer. And you certainly don’t want anyone to rush their recovery and then get hurt again. But this is just

Sad Cry GIF

• Sad 1

i was hoping to share a picture of Mike Matusow drenched in sweat but i couldn't find any.

coincidentally, i started reading Doctor Sleep the opening day of Doctor Strange 2, and The War of the Worlds on the opening Sunday of Top Gun 2.  i watched the three-hour version of Doctor Sleep after reading the book, and that movie sucked.  i wouldn't have known what the hell was going on if i didn't read the book.  yes, i will be reading Stephen King's Firestarter in paperback before i watch and fail the remake, but i will read Greta "loser" Thunberg's book in hardcover whenever i get the chance.  

Edited by dxmatrixdt

On 6/6/2022 at 2:55 AM, Potiki said:

This is awesome for multiple reasons.

Also Jack Quaid continues to be the best Quaid. 

Funny thing about TLJ debate these days 

It goes from being brought up on the internet as something that  ruined their lives personally on discord and reddit.

Then you then see people trying to defend it as some timeless classic on twitter that was wronged randomly every few weeks.

I dont think there was ever such a bitter civil war in nerdom as the TLJ, and I hope never again. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1