Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

On 5/14/2022 at 7:52 PM, baumer said:

DAMN!  20 years buddy.  We were one of the originals.  Glad to have gone on this journey with you and looking forward to 20 more.  

Same brother. Here’s looking to 20 years more!  Yes, one of the originals. I do wish we had a deep dive history of the forum(s). Maybe have 5 or 6 of the 2002-2003 regulars contributing to it. I thought I saw a post written by you along those lines. 

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

Any other Box Office Game players here? Wild Top 5 today...

https://boxofficega.me/

That's like the only Wordle-style game I actually like playing

Spoiler

I got a laugh at #3. I knew it was some old Disney film, as was the style at the time, but I didn't think it would be that one. Which I mean...Disney doesn't want me to know about it, so I guess it worked.

1 hour ago, Eric Crawley said:

That's like the only Wordle-style game I actually like playing

Hide contents

I got a laugh at #3. I knew it was some old Disney film, as was the style at the time, but I didn't think it would be that one. Which I mean...Disney doesn't want me to know about it, so I guess it worked.

I also play Actorle daily, but don't want to get bogged down with too many of these Wordle offshoots. The Box Office Game is my favorite, it's like I've been "studying" for it since my teens.

Spoiler

When it's animation I don't know, I go for the tagline. It worked today but yikes, can't believe that was re-released as Disney's big family movie for Thanksgiving that year. No wonder they overhauled their animation studio by the end of the decade.

Edited by BoxOfficeFangrl

i play the box office game and actorle. actorle is super easy i've never missed on my first guess. another good one is hollywoodle which is like the kevin bacon game but you gotta connect two random actors. i'm pretty good at that except today it's literally two actors i've never heard of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

i play the box office game and actorle. actorle is super easy i've never missed on my first guess. another good one is hollywoodle which is like the kevin bacon game but you gotta connect two random actors. i'm pretty good at that except today it's literally two actors i've never heard of.

Actorle is definitely easy thanks to the large number of franchise movies with long titles. 

Box office game is easy post like 1998 for me, the 80s and 90s apart from the holiday season always include one movie I've never heard of. Got 1200 3 times, for charts after 2015.

There's also moviedle which is a movie in 1 second through 6 seconds, and posterdle which is movie posters pixelated.

• Like 1

I got a perfect score just yesterday on the box office game for the i am legend opening weekend. five pretty memorable releases at least for me. totally bombed today's though.

Edited by CoolioD1

38 minutes ago, motionpic05 said:

Is anyone else kinda worried about the new Monkeypox outbreak going on?

I'm kinda getting March 2020 vibes...

There's another one of these? Why even go outside anymore?

Went back to my high school and met a couple of my old teachers. Found out my favorite teacher, to whom I would speak to about films every week and helped me with college applications and everything, went down the right-wing rabbit hole (he already started a little when I was in HS, but he's become much worse). I can see why he's frustrated but it's sad to see him put his anger towards the wrong people.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

LOOOOOL!!!

Glad he too knows it.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Went back to my high school and met a couple of my old teachers. Found out my favorite teacher, to whom I would speak to about films every week and helped me with college applications and everything, went down the right-wing rabbit hole (he already started a little when I was in HS, but he's become much worse). I can see why he's frustrated but it's sad to see him put his anger towards the wrong people.

Sadly a lot of people get more right-wing as they get older. The more they accrue the more they have to 'conserve'.

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

And Musk issues a Tweet about how :"Wokeness" is destroying civlization.

He has really jumped the shark, folks.

I think apart from crazy types most of the valid  critique of wokeness is more around cancel culture as its very hypocritical.  

Like wearing Blackface was seen as the worst thing everand people took an absolute stand on that it cant be defended …but when Trudeau wore blackface as a dumb frat boy people magically discovered nuance.

It makes society very toxic but I dont think its the biggest threat to society lol XD