Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Queen Patti picks up her third Tony @Cap

Tony Awards 2022: The Full Winners List - Variety

Congrats to Jennifer Hudson for reaching EGOT status (she's a producer on A Strange Loop).

Also really happy for Matt Doyle, who was amazing in The Book of Mormon when I saw it while visiting NYC for Thanksgiving in 2013.

Edited by filmlover

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Congrats to Jennifer Hudson for reaching EGOT status (she's a producer on A Strange Loop).

Also really happy for Matt Doyle, who was amazing in The Book of Mormon when I saw it while visiting NYC for Thanksgiving in 2013.

I had the privilege of getting to see company when we went down to New York This may. That number was outstanding. He deserved that Tony in ways I cannot describe. I honestly wish they had done it, not getting married today, instead of the opening number. I understand that the goal is to celebrate the entire cast. But I really would like that on film. It was insane. The staging of it was insane. His delivery was crazy. Everything was perfect. 

I also love Ariana so much. She was giving off such extreme theater geek living her best life vibes, and I cannot think of a better person to be living that vibe. 

25 minutes ago, Cap said:

I had the privilege of getting to see company when we went down to New York This may. That number was outstanding. He deserved that Tony in ways I cannot describe. I honestly wish they had done it, not getting married today, instead of the opening number. I understand that the goal is to celebrate the entire cast. But I really would like that on film. It was insane. The staging of it was insane. His delivery was crazy. Everything was perfect. 

I also love Ariana so much. She was giving off such extreme theater geek living her best life vibes, and I cannot think of a better person to be living that vibe. 

I love that DeBose has a million projects in the pipeline. I was concerned that her post-Oscar career wouldn't amount to much so this is such a relief lol.

Doyle making an Andrew Rannells/Jonathan Groff-style crossover from Broadway to movies and TV is something I would be very much on board with.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, filmlover said:

I remember pre-Covid when all the hype was with Six. I don't follow Broadway, but it really seems like the Covid break really hurt Six and the momentum it had.

16 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Lol. Ofc some of the most insufferable people in hollywood sign onto this, this is just the liberal version of blaming violent video games for shootings.

I Have to agree; it's a bunch of  self righteous celebs in a meaningless, of no practical value, circle jerk.

I read the text of the petion; it is a bunch of meaningless feel good babble without one useful idea to actually preventing violence.

I love the line about how Hollywood is portraying gun violence as if it something new; Movies have been portraying gun violence since before Hollywood, what many consider to be the first real film with a story, "The Great Train Robbery" is full of gun violence including a final shot in which a bandit shoots a gun at the audience

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheDude391 said:

Lol. Ofc some of the most insufferable people in hollywood sign onto this, this is just the liberal version of blaming violent video games for shootings.

This sounds exactly like Republican culture war bullshit from the 90s and early 2000s about violence in movies/video games.

• Like 2

Matt Damon is getting some ridicule because of that Commericial pushing Crypto Currency he made last year....and which it seemed like you could not go to a movie last december without seeing.

In case you don't follow economic news closely, the Crypto  Market is in a state of collapse;the biggest Crypto exchange just stopped trading.

Not surprised always figured it was , at best, a big bubble that was bound to burst and, at worst, a huge Ponzi scheme which might have finally ran out of suckers to con.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

not looking forward to it. and i also wasn't looking forward to the taika waititi akira, the marc webb your name, the andy muschetti attack on titan. i defeated all those projects with my mind.

The failure rate of Anime/Manga to live action films is high, particulary when done by Gaijin.

My wife watched this trailer and got so angry she went on a 20+ minute rant about it. Persuasion is her favorite Austen book and this trailer, in her words, "sets fire to the book and then scatters the ashes so they can't be brought together again"

28 minutes ago, grim22 said:

My wife watched this trailer and got so angry she went on a 20+ minute rant about it. Persuasion is her favorite Austen book and this trailer, in her words, "sets fire to the book and then scatters the ashes so they can't be brought together again"

Spent this whole trailer confused as to when it was supposed to be taking place. Like Johnson but she seems like someone who would stick out like a sore thumb in Austen-esque period pieces IMO.

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Spent this whole trailer confused as to when it was supposed to be taking place. Like Johnson but she seems like someone who would stick out like a sore thumb in Austen-esque period pieces IMO.

On the "out of time" feeling