Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

Or Maybe Musk has just already gotten tired of his New Toy.

And I suspect Musk, who loves to be loved, relized he was making a lot of enemies with his attempted Twitter takeover. he has sort of tried to remain above politics, and relises he is losing more populairty with his perceived turn to the right then he has gained.

This is just silly. its on hold whilst they clarify the amound of daily users hasn't been exaggerated by bots. He even confirmed he's still set on the buyout. Twitter has lost 30% of it value since the announcement so if the daily user has infact been exaggerated it will give him the option to negotiate a lower price. All of this is a simple google search away my friend, it has nothing to do with his popularity which really hasn't been effected during all this. People against the takeover likely never liked him in the first place

Edited by Tarintino
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wondy said:

Eurovision was so entertaining this year,

Hide contents

Because there’s no way in hell that Ukraine was not gonna win. I mean I could’ve told you that before they even released any of the songs. And I’m really glad they did. And I think it’s even better that they won on the public vote. 

I also would tell anyone that said they just won out of a sympathy vote to go back and rewatch Eurovision’s. That song was the perfect Eurovision song. It was outrageous and it was political and it was upbeat and it was fun.

ESU definitely kept things interesting. There was a significant amount of drama/tension going into the final vote, since I was like oh my god is the UK gonna win? And how crazy is that! Going from zero points to winning the next year would be the most remarkable face turn. Plus that song is a banger. I’ve had it on repeat since the show ended. So UK placing second felt like a really good redemption arc will still giving us the satisfying ending that we wanted.

It was also very fun to follow everyone on Twitter in the UK being like what is happening? Why are we getting points? This is not how things are supposed to go!!

And the best thing ever was Moldovia coming out of no where to place So high. They’re always my favorite country. I feel like they perfectly understand the assignment every year. No ballads. Only camp insanity. So I was really pleased to see people respond so positively to them.

Mom wanted Spain to win  

UK only came 2nd because of all the support we've given Ukraine compared to the rest of Europe. Any other year and we would have had zero points

lmao this sounds so bad.

Please allow me to introduce you to the madness with a quick recap of a scene involving one Henry DeTamble, who has the ability to zip back and forth through time and is often occupying the same place on the continuum. When Henry is 16, he somehow arranges it so he can visit his 16-year-old self, thus creating two teenage Henrys.

And why does he do this? Because Henry is 16, and he’s horny and inexperienced, Henry proceeds to perform a certain sexual act on … Henry.

If that’s not cringe-inducing enough, Henry’s widowed father walks in on the two Henrys and catches them in the act. Later, Henry’s dad says, “You went gay for yourself,” to which Henry replies, “Come on. I was 16.”

‘The Time Traveler’s Wife’ review: HBO Max remake turns lovely novel into a creepy, convoluted mess - Chicago Sun-Times (suntimes.com)

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

14 hours ago, Wondy said:

Eurovision was so entertaining this year,

Hide contents

Because there’s no way in hell that Ukraine was not gonna win. I mean I could’ve told you that before they even released any of the songs. And I’m really glad they did. And I think it’s even better that they won on the public vote. 

I also would tell anyone that said they just won out of a sympathy vote to go back and rewatch Eurovision’s. That song was the perfect Eurovision song. It was outrageous and it was political and it was upbeat and it was fun.

ESU definitely kept things interesting. There was a significant amount of drama/tension going into the final vote, since I was like oh my god is the UK gonna win? And how crazy is that! Going from zero points to winning the next year would be the most remarkable face turn. Plus that song is a banger. I’ve had it on repeat since the show ended. So UK placing second felt like a really good redemption arc will still giving us the satisfying ending that we wanted.

It was also very fun to follow everyone on Twitter in the UK being like what is happening? Why are we getting points? This is not how things are supposed to go!!

And the best thing ever was Moldovia coming out of no where to place So high. They’re always my favorite country. I feel like they perfectly understand the assignment every year. No ballads. Only camp insanity. So I was really pleased to see people respond so positively to them.

Mom wanted Spain to win  

Spoiler

I had somehow missed the Big 5 during the first 2 semis so I was surprised to actually enjoy the UK entry as well, appreciated the glam rock over multiple people trying to be sad or be rock like Maneskin (Though "Jezebel" is catch).

Wish France and Czech Republic had done a bit better.

I wonder if the war is still continuing next year (Fingers crossed not, but) they'll host in the UK.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tarintino said:

This is just silly. its on hold whilst they clarify the amound of daily users hasn't been exaggerated by bots. He even confirmed he's still set on the buyout. Twitter has lost 30% of it value since the announcement so if the daily user has infact been exaggerated it will give him the option to negotiate a lower price. All of this is a simple google search away my friend, it has nothing to do with his popularity which really hasn't been effected during all this. People against the takeover likely never liked him in the first place

OK, Musk fanboy.

21 hours ago, grim22 said:

Well, I mean, the shooter wrote, that he was a racist in his manifesto. So they better be investigating it as a hate crime

Yeah, Hate crime pure and simple...but the Right will try to twist it, of course.

14 hours ago, Tarintino said:

I am. I think it's good to respect those who are trying to make the planet greener. It's certainly healthier than being salty and hating on the guy because he's rich. 

And I think you are being taken for a ride by a conman.

6 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I think you are being taken for a ride by a conman.

Maybe, I guess he could turn into either Tony Stark or Lex Luther at this point. I dont think he needs to be a con man. As of now I think the way he's fast tracked EV's has to be seen as a positive for the planet but like all humans, he's not without faults

11 hours ago, Tarintino said:

Maybe, I guess he could turn into either Tony Stark or Lex Luther at this point. I dont think he needs to be a con man. As of now I think the way he's fast tracked EV's has to be seen as a positive for the planet but like all humans, he's not without faults

It's not like he has a monopoly on EVS. Many consider makes other then Tesla to be better.

SOrry, but I just don't trust him because of all the batcrap crazy things he has said, and from the way he treats his employees.

Ironic that he just like his hero Tesla:  a very unstable genius. He will have a brilliant idea one day, and a batcrap crazy one ther next.

which is why being a "fan" of his is so dangerous. you need to be able to discriminate between his good and bad ideas, and most of his fans are unable to do that.

This is silly behavior when applied to movies, but there it's relatively harmless; whea applied to politics and economics  it's dangerous.

9 hours ago, Wondy said:

OMgggggggggggg.

First, fuck WWE Creative.

BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY:

:ohmygod:

TOOOOOOOOOOONY.

TOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

53028addb65e6229435984eef667e3a8.gif

WWE is such a fucking mess. It is all Cody now. They even have a countdown for when he shows up lmao.

23 minutes ago, CJohn said:

WWE is such a fucking mess. It is all Cody now. They even have a countdown for when he shows up lmao.

I hope they put the Championship on Cody. Or at least make him an actual challenger for Roman. Even if you’re playing the long game, make it feel like it isn’t just squash after squash after squash for Roman.

Meanwhile all day I’ve just been imagining like Sasha Banks showing up at AEW in Boston for a dynamite Taping And immediately getting the women’s Title off whoever is holding it. And then cutting a promo about how this is now her company, this is her division, this is her title, Because she is the boss. 😭😭😭😭😭

It’s not gonna happen because WWE Would probably rather pay her to sit at home then release her, but in my mind I am ready for this.

14 hours ago, dudalb said:

It's not like he has a monopoly on EVS. Many consider makes other then Tesla to be better.

SOrry, but I just don't trust him because of all the batcrap crazy things he has said, and from the way he treats his employees.

Ironic that he just like his hero Tesla:  a very unstable genius. He will have a brilliant idea one day, and a batcrap crazy one ther next.

which is why being a "fan" of his is so dangerous. you need to be able to discriminate between his good and bad ideas, and most of his fans are unable to do that.

This is silly behavior when applied to movies, but there it's relatively harmless; whea applied to politics and economics  it's dangerous.

Tesla forced other car makers over to EV's. They showed little interest in a mass production of EV's until Tesla threatened their market and forced the change. Are Tesla's the best EV's? Definitely not but have the helped convert millions into cutting back their emisions? Absolutely. 

Space X was also a great idea. Humans gave up on space and Nasa so it's my belief that people with his wealth owe it to humanity to further push the limits of space pioneering.

Twitter takeover is a great idea because its currently a platform with a bias agenda which is preventing the growth it could be enjoying. It need to bring itself down the centre, if Musk turns it into a right wing platform then ill admit I was wrong, but that doesn't seem like his goal.

I'd rather respect people like Musk than hate on him, unless he gives me a good reason to hate him. 

I think the issue of evil Billionaires Musk is not really up there as he may have dumb views and a shaddy past but compared to Bezos who pretty much single handily killing small business around the world has been much worse for society. 

Issue is Bezos says the correct political terms so he does not get attacked by the twitter mob as much while Musk has become the modern day Lex Luther to them XD

Like some of Musk products are a huge benefit to many people...

Musk starlink program is gonna drastically transform rural life in many countries especially here in canada after decades of shitty internet after decades of govt not giving a damn about rural internet.

https://www.thestar.com/business/2022/01/08/crazy-good-rural-canadians-are-raving-over-elon-musks-starlink-satellite-based-internet-service-should-canadas-big-telcos-be-worried.html

Also Musk is a futurist and I think looks to how to advance society into the future while many rich people just look to I have lots of money and that it.

My point is Musk is no saint but he not the great evil of our time as he made to be. 

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1