Classic Conversation Thread

25 minutes ago, Porthos said:

WHAT

IN

THE

ACTUAL

FUCK

@Menor Reborn @K'uk'ulkan XXR @MrPink @Deep Wang

Guess those rumors about massive friction were true after all.  Still, I'm utterly shocked that even winning the World Series with a dominant team wasn't enough to get more than a one year token offer.

(seriously, wtf)

Definitely feels like a Jimmy Johnson / Jerry Jones type situation. Hopefully it doesn’t bite us in the ass to placate the owners ego.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

WHAT

IN

THE

ACTUAL

FUCK

@Menor Reborn @K'uk'ulkan XXR @MrPink @Deep Wang

Guess those rumors about massive friction were true after all.  Still, I'm utterly shocked that even winning the World Series with a dominant team wasn't enough to get more than a one year token offer.

(seriously, wtf)

First thing I thought of was Yankees twitter and how much they are desperate for a new GM because they haven't won a pennant in over a decade.  

Obviously, this might take some time to rear it's ugly head, so we shall see how it pans out.

33 minutes ago, dudalb said:

James Click will be fine. Many teams will be bidding for his services.

I promise you we aren't worried about his well being lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Porthos said:

Holy shit, I almost joined this team in 2020. It was one of the positions I was interviewing for

As someone who works in Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance, I would recommend not sharing any data with Twitter starting yesterday.

This isn't a red flag as much as it is a blazing red beacon.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Holy shit, I almost joined this team in 2020. It was one of the positions I was interviewing for

As someone who works in Cybersecurity Governance, Risk and Compliance, I would recommend not sharing any data with Twitter starting yesterday.

This isn't a red flag as much as it is a blazing red beacon.

I have that rule with almost everything these days. I hate how connected everything is in the smartphone age and how much info we volunteer. I gave up all social media awhile ago and nothing has happened to make me regret my decision.

8 hours ago, Verrows said:

I have that rule with almost everything these days. I hate how connected everything is in the smartphone age and how much info we volunteer. I gave up all social media awhile ago and nothing has happened to make me regret my decision.

I just use Instagram and whatsapp.

Find it's the least toxic of the main social media and can connect with friends and family

Reddit...Twitter Facebook

Edited by Torontofan
  • Like 1

More people gotta watch Benediction. Been months since I saw it and still ob my mind. Probably the only film I've ever seen (aside maybe for Monseiur Verdoux) that has made me feel how the numerous lives thatve been lost in war is unquantifiable. The heartbreak is almost existential. Easily gonna be top 10 (maybe even top 5) of the decade by the end of it.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

More people gotta watch Benediction. Been months since I saw it and still ob my mind. Probably the only film I've ever seen (aside maybe for Monseiur Verdoux) that has made me feel how the numerous lives thatve been lost in war is unquantifiable. The heartbreak is almost existential. Easily gonna be top 10 (maybe even top 5) of the decade by the end of it.

Watchlisted, missed it in theatres over the summer and regretting it now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheDude391 said:

Watchlisted, missed it in theatres over the summer and regretting it now.

I saw it right before it left my local cinema. Really wanna rewatch it though because I was a little sleep-deprived and the theater had bad sound-proofing and I could hear the Jurassic World screening happening right next door. Still, it hit me so hard.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 12:01 AM, Porthos said:

The thing is, when you made your comment about people fleeing Twitter because of trolls and neo-nazis and whatnot, I disputed that because, as I noted at the time, Twitter is just too damn addicting and useful.  And even now, in all the chaos, it still is.

But damn if Musk isn't giving it the ol' college try to burn it all down.  More through ineptitude and ego than actual malice, IMO.

And unlike the US of A Federal Government, Twitter doesn't have a 240 year institutional history to keep it on the rails.  Nor lots and lots of guns, for that matter.

Still don't think Twitter is gonna implode in the next five and a half months.  Then again, I didn't expect Musk to be this big of an idiot when it came to actually running a business.  Not that being successful in one field of industry means you'll be successful in another.  But this is a whole nother level of "in waaaaaaaaaay over their heads".

He's speedrunning this