Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Wonder if there is not a cancellation under X circumstance as an exit door if they do not like the metric and announcing that now to show confidence and try to muster some interest that it is it, the first Netflix made movie that will have some form of General Audience impact/footprint people.

31 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Watching the restored version of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World. Such a great comedy. Can't even feel the 3 hour runtime. 

Thanks for the tip about the restored version!

*added to Amazon cart*

• Thanks 1

Life hack for FandangoNOW's streaming service. 

They have a refer a friend deal, if the friend uses the coupon you send them you get 50% off on your next purchase.  Make an extra gmail, yahoo account, send the link to it, next time you want to rent a movie use the coupon on one of those accounts.  Then buy the movies for 50% off on your main account.  So far i've gotten away with it.

53 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Life hack for FandangoNOW's streaming service. 

They have a refer a friend deal, if the friend uses the coupon you send them you get 50% off on your next purchase.  Make an extra gmail, yahoo account, send the link to it, next time you want to rent a movie use the coupon on one of those accounts.  Then buy the movies for 50% off on your main account.  So far i've gotten away with it.

I suspect 50% off is still above their profit margin or at least close enough to it that they're willing to overlook coupon abusers.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

I suspect 50% off is still above their profit margin or at least close enough to it that they're willing to overlook coupon abusers.

EST are I think really high margin toward the studio:

Still, the margin on EST is so much greater than on its digital counterparts that studios can’t ignore it. At an investor’s day earlier this year, Time Warner disclosed that HD EST contributed $17.50 per transaction — $14 more than what VOD gets, and $16 more than SVOD.

http://variety.com/2013/biz/news/dvd-sales-decline-effect-studios-1200600256/

Because it is so easy to get movie for free online, that coupon abuser must not be common.

A Ghost Story is oddly effecting and gorgeous to watch.  Fantastic editing and some brilliant cinematography.  Although it can often feel a bit tedious despite this.

Definitely recommend it, if nothing else for its unique style.  It's not often you get to watch a Ghost Story from the perspective of the ghost.  Also, exploring loss from the other end of the spectrum is quite poignant.

Edited by The Last Panda
  • Like 1

Wonder if there's been any research done on if pulsating electronic bass rhythms such as prominent on the Stranger Things soundtrack have an innately pleasurable effect on the nervous system. Been finding myself pushing Spotify's like button on any sort of track like that, including stuff from Mr. Robot and The Girl on the Train.

Edited by tribefan695

6 hours ago, The Last Panda said:

A Ghost Story is oddly effecting and gorgeous to watch.  Fantastic editing and some brilliant cinematography.  Although it can often feel a bit tedious despite this.

Definitely recommend it, if nothing else for its unique style.  It's not often you get to watch a Ghost Story from the perspective of the ghost.  Also, exploring loss from the other end of the spectrum is quite poignant.

Also, I think it's Soundtrack is #2 for the year, right behind Baby Driver's.

• Like 1

Ugh... This season is so tedious.  I never really thought Prison Break was a great show but I could kind of see the appeal in its relentless pace and broad, easily distinguished characters. This latest season is just copy/pasting its formula into a more politically incorrect context and it's painfully obvious how much they had to sterilize the violence to get a TV 14 rating. I really am just watching this out of obligation.