Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Just Tele I just read Annihilation in a single sitting. Good book! I am curious how much the movie is changing things around based on the trailer. Reading the book, it's DEFINITELY something the GA would hate and be left cold by.

The movie is allegedly very different in terms of plot specifics and yet very similar in terms of tone, mood, etc.

Edited by Just Tele
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It made sense for them to go 

Reveal hidden contents

I thought what you meant by "didn't make sense" was that you found it confusing and you weren't able to follow the plot.  

It's definitely not a great film but I liked the world building and enjoyed the ride. 

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

Who's ready for the SEC championship tonight????

Just now, Just Tele said:

SEC fans. :P 

and I am not an SEC or really college football fan so guess not ready :P

i will probably turn it on every once in a while to see the score though since it's the title game

19 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah it has a real meh feeling

Yeah I'm nowhere near as hyped as I was for Clemson vs Bama or even FSU vs Auburn and OSU vs Oregon. I'm in SEC country and even I don't care for two SEC teams. Tired of seeing the same crop. The fact that Atlanta is not currently a carpocalypse means that everyone must already be passed out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tree Billboards said:

Watching Bright. Why is a Netflix original movie not 16:9?

Netflix can approve them and with a director with that track record they said yes I imagine, Fury/Suicide Squad were also 2.35:1 :

https://backlothelp.netflix.com/hc/en-us/articles/217237077-Production-and-Post-Production-Requirements-v2-1

The only think they seem to never backtrack is digital camera, except for Scorsese.

Edited by Barnack

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Netflix can approve them and with a director with that track record they said yes I imagine, Fury/Suicide Squad were also 2.35:1 :

https://backlothelp.netflix.com/hc/en-us/articles/217237077-Production-and-Post-Production-Requirements-v2-1

The only think they seem to never backtrack is digital camera, except for Scorsese.

Yeah I get that, I just don't get why the filmmakers would choose ultra wide when they know every viewer will be watching on a 16:9 screen.