Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

10 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

This is kinda neat.

@Porthos

@baumer

Yeah I aways like this sort of stuff.

I remember when I first saw that clip and liked the full conversation. Of course, it wasn't as shocking as when I first heard Prowse's voice in the Vader costume :P

Edited by 75Live
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, New Year New Panda said:

I would never go back to the days of physical media, streaming and downloading FTW.

Well, I still get movies from the library, but that's it.

I mean who can blame you? Movie-wise just about everything is so convenient and available online, these days that there's no need for physical media. It's much simpler. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Well, I still get movies from the library, but that's it.

I mean who can blame you? Movie-wise just about everything is so convenient and available online, these days that there's no need for physical media. It's much simpler. 

With both books and movies, physical media is still better quality (admittedly the difference is less noticeable for movies). And physical books still provide a better mechanism for reading in almost every respect.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Just Tele said:

With both books and movies, physical media is still better quality (admittedly the difference is less noticeable for movies). And physical books still provide a better mechanism for reading in almost every respect.

True, I was more referring to film when I meant digital media. I still read books in physical form, and I definitely don't think reading on a tablet or an i-pad works as well. 

• Like 1

I only prefer digital media, because I'm a clumsy oaf who's not good at taking care of things, and digital gives me a perfect excuse to not better myself. :lol:

Though in all seriousness, physical books are much better and more preferred by me. With movies, I really don't care about aspect ratio or letterboxing or whatever the h*ck film nerds talk about.

13 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

You are right for books, but for movies it is 100% artificial (our physical media when they are not VHS being digital, the file without the physical media could rapidly become exactly the same, the bandwitch and memory being 2 things that got cheaper over time, specially the harddrive size thing), same for extra content being often only on the physical options.

Vinyls experience is a different one than the non physical, bluray it is really close. Maybe we will have 100g or even 200gig less compressed bluray than the others options to kept that reality alive for a while, but I doubt they will become popular.

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Blurays are trash for gaming.

They make little sense for anyone with an high speed and unlimited data plan to start with (they never occured for PCs for example) the downside to download your game instead of going physical seem hard to grasp while the upside are so obvious (cannot loose them, easy to reinstall all of them on a new machine automatically and so on).