Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Justin Trudeau apologises for 'dumb joke' after 'peoplekind' quote goes viral

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/feb/07/justin-trudeau-apologises-joke-personkind-viral

His original comment came during a town hall meeting in Edmonton on Friday, at the conclusion of a longwinded question from an audience member.

The questioner ended by asking Trudeau to look at laws surrounding the charitable status of religious organisations, saying: “Maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind”. 

To which Trudeau replied “We like to say ‘peoplekind’, not necessarily ‘mankind’, because it’s more inclusive.”

His comments drew ridicule from members of the conservative media who have seized on them to accuse him of “virtue signalling”.

wZCGrHL.png

16 hours ago, Tree Billboards said:

And now I can't sleep because of some stuff I've taken, good stuff, but man I'm gonna need a miracle to get up for work tomorrow.

made it through the day at work, quite pleased with myself. I was still buzzing when I went to work... probably not a good thing. 

The person that sits next to me at work.  If I took 9 calls in an hour then she says well I took ten.  If I said I worked on case that was little more complex, then every case she worked on was complex.    

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

The person that sits next to me at work.  If I took 9 calls in an hour then she says well I took ten.  If I said I worked on case that was little more complex, then every case she worked on was complex.    

"I have two arms on my body"

"Well I have three"

• Like 1