Alli

WEEKEND Thread | 'Jigsaw' -16.2M; TYFYS- 3.7M; Suburbicon- 2.8M

53 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Hollywood needs more original ideas”

”MCU: Part 17 and Star Wars 9 save us”

:lol:

Cause let's be honest, it might sound sophisticated to suggest August through October will be better because there wouldn't be any superhero or Star Wars movies but outside IT and Blade Runner that time period was virtually a wasteland and watching franchise films break records and ignite the box office is way more fun for box office nerds.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Cause let's be honest, it might sound sophisticated to suggest August through October will be better because there wouldn't be any superhero or Star Wars movies but outside IT and Blade Runner that time period was virtually a wasteland and watching franchise films break records and ignite the box office is way more fun for box office nerds.

Yeh it’s just the same people on twitter and YouTube moan about unoriginality in Hollywood when their favourite films haven’t got an original bone in their bodies. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i had no idea suburbicon was being so trashed. for some reason i thought the reviews were more on the mixed side. people really hate this movie huh.

It almost makes me want to see it now tbh

2 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

According @fmpro Blade Runner 2049 is headed for a sub $10M (likely $8M or $9M) OW in China. Whomever said it would be DOA earlier this week was right. 

That was also me :hahaha:

• Thanks 1

I don’t get why “All I See is you” didn’t just go wide this weekend or any weekend in October. It’s not gonna find an audience in packed November. The studio is stupid. 

Edited by babz06

Just now, babz06 said:

I don’t get why “All I See is you” didn’t just go wide this weekend or any weekend in October. It’s not gonna find an audience in packed November. The studio is stupid. 

If you were a theater chain, would you have accepted to play All I see is you in a big number of your theater for free, without asking the distributor to give it a minimum of a wide release P&A ?

If so, it would have taken you what retention percentage to say yes, 65%, 70%, 80% leaving not much to the studio right.

And if you were Open Road show, would you have accepted to give a movie like this with an RT score under 35% at 10m+ P&A wide release ? Would you have paid to 4wall it if theater chain were not interested in playing it for a percentage ?

It is not something studio have full control on, much less a distributor like Open Road, it is not like they necessarily said no to theater that wanted to play it for free.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

9 million OW resulting in 15 m final gross?

Are China's legs that treacherous?

It's not gonna have a 9m OW. It'll get to 7.5-8 max. With its low rating and the likelihood of losing a huge number of its screens when Thor opens next week it will be difficult to get a 2x multi as it is. I think even getting to 15m will be difficult. 

• Like 1