aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

22 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Bad Moms doing $6.5 million and making $17.5 million ow isn’t actually that bad. Legs should be doable, and could actually make north of $60 million if not maybe even $70 million total. Not bad, for a modest-budget flick. Hopefully it gets a matinee boost inn Saturday 

It is bad for my Winter Game though.

Edited by The Pumpkin Spice Panda

Thor matinees weren't very full here, so it's not a surprise to see a lower Friday number than expected from the Thursday previews...I might actually expect Saturday to be above all Friday just b/c the matinees for Saturday here have already sold double the tickets that today's matinees did...it should be an interesting weekend to watch...

Edited by TwoMisfits

22 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

So can we peel back some of the doom and gloom for Bad Moms?  6.5M is a true friday number that could've been ~9.5M with traditional previews included

Really really good if it hold imo yes, the first Bad mom true friday was 7.5M I think.

Bad Mom did 23.5m with that performance (21.5 without preview, 2.86x true friday)

Similar hold you give a Bad mom 2 a 18.6m weekend, 23m 5 days.

Now being a sequel and the reception it will not achieve that, but it could very well stay above 17m/21m 5 days and reach around 70m, for a standard traditional 30-40% sequel drop instead of those big one the genre often get.. Or it could drop faster do 16m/20m and not reach a 3x multiplier for bad WOM... will see.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Bad Moms will be lucky to cross 50M at this point. Bad Dads might as well be dead :lol: 

Why they didn't do Bad Dads first is beyond me. Save the Bad Moms sequel for 2018. 

I have a feeling that neither this year's Christmas themed films is going to do much at the box office.

If JIGSAW does 6.6m 2nd weekend (-60%) then the 28.7m cume crosses SAWVI's dom (27.7m). That's above anyone's expectations. Should do high 30s dom.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Why they didn't do Bad Dads first is beyond me. Save the Bad Moms sequel for 2018. 

I have a feeling that neither this year's Christmas themed films is going to do much at the box office.

Doesn’t help that both are unecessary comedy sequels. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Bad Dads would've been a really dumb project. We already have enough "men behaving badly" comedies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

On other more interesting news: Taylor Swift’s last album already sold 400k on presales alone, making it the highest debut for a female release this year even before the release. :ohmygod: 

Oh.... kay?

• Like 1