aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

10 minutes ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

I'm fully convinced now that Catching Fire hurt Thor 2 in 2013, or it would have done at or near Winter Soldier's numbers in the US. 

It had two full weeks to dominate the market and establish word-of-mouth. Maybe it would have made 5-10m more if a smaller tentpole than CF was on that weekend. But not more.

• Like 1

Do you understand the JUGGERNAUT the Hunger Games franchise was then?! It was the Marvel killer 😂! It denied IM3 and Guardians the highest domestic gross. It crushed Guardian's blu ray dominance.

It's only when they tried to milk the final chapter into two movies, that it died off. Catching Fire gobbled up advance ticket sales that weould have went to Dark World. Thor 2 never had a chance.

• Like 2

Well I did my part 😂. My third Thor 3 viewing today. Let's see what that actual is tomorrow. I'll see it one...or two 😂...times next weekend, then the long torturous wait for the 3D blu ray. I'm thinking...4 months...it should be coming out around Black Panther's release. 

Justice League and Panther should make the wait less painful. Yeah, I go to DC movies 😂. FOX, Sony. My only loyalty is Thor, my old comic hero. I'll see a Thor movie 4-5 times, while once or twice for the other guys. 

In fact, Marvel isn't my favorite movie studio, it's Legenday Pictures, who I truly wish had Thor. Marvel is a very frugal studio when it comes to huge CGI effects (not Avengers, the solos), while Legendary will put any monster and freak from Thor's comics on the screen. 

Edited by OdinSon2k14

On 03/11/2017 at 4:29 AM, aabattery said:

5uMgARazdzXRKW4jqYm4T1tS1IGcQFAXMAkX8m_R

Thor thread!

http://deadline.com/2017/11/thor-ragnarok-a-bad-moms-christmas-huge-box-office-weekend-1202200942/

With the beginning of November, I'm happy to announce that we are having a November Sale. This sale is $5 off the $15 Gold Account monthly and $15 off the Gold Account Annual-that's right, you can get a Gold Account for the whole year and two whole months will be free! The Annual Account will be $150 during the sale. The sale will end Monday.

Get your Gold Account here:

Thank you for supporting the forums!

I think I'm getting a gold account tomorrow and have "Global Phenomenon" changed to "The artist formerly known as iJack". :kitschjob:

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

I'm fully convinced now that Catching Fire hurt Thor 2 in 2013, or it would have done at or near Winter Soldier's numbers in the US. 

tenor.gif

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

Maybe if TDW gave the people what they want, and didn't cut Hogun out of the movie after the first 10 min.

I was thinking of you when your boy showed up in Ragnarok :) (not a spoiler because he's appeared in marketing; don't thread ban me plz)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

On the whole TDW being hurt by CF debate, yes it was hurt at first but it had a rebound after Frozen and then it just fell apart over the holiday. I think it was WOM that did it in.