aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

18 hours ago, YourMother said:

An early November for a Christmas release isn’t bad. The Grinch, imo can do $400M+, opens early. It’s just that BM2 was unappealing.

Nah the trailer got laughs from the audience every time I seen it.

And I didn’t even know they were making another Grinch, never mind it doing $400m lol 

Wow, that’s a great Sun hold. Obviously not saying anything definite about legs yet, but it’s an encouraging sign. 

Didn’t think a Thor movie would comfortably out open a Spidey movie but here we are. 

Only need a 2.4x to get to @aabattery‘s goal. Fingers crossed! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RagnaRoc said:

Thor 2 is better than every MCU film released between it IT and Thor 3.

2 hours ago, AndyK said:

FTFY

......I have not seen either Blade Runner 2049 or Kingsman 2 (not yet, at least), and even I know that they are both better than Thor 2 without having seen them.

2 hours ago, Rth Ragnarok said:

TI4TCvn.gif

That's a 123.477 OW, which would be the 3rd biggest OW of the year, just slightly over It's 123.403M. Hot damn.

And a 27% Sunday drop for a November 100+ threequel opener, much stronger than Doctor Strange's 32.7% Sunday drop.... dis shit got dem LEGZ.

@filmlover, some advice: should I go with Tessa or Cate's legs? Or maybe Hemsworth (or the Hulk) for the straight ladies/gays/bis/polis?

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@filmlover, some advice: should I go with Tessa or Cate's legs? Or maybe Hemsworth (or the Hulk) for the straight ladies/gays/bis/polis?

For raegr’s sake go with Cate.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourMother said:

For raegr’s sake go with Cate.

Oh yes, I forgot. Apparently Tessa was going with him to get tested for STD's or something. He would be upset if I displayed her beauty in here, even if for studying purposes.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Go back a bunch of pages and you'll understand. Or just search for "STD" in the search bar for this thread and you'll get there quicker.

Quite the fertile imagination that young lad has.

Image result for nope nope not doing that gif

I'll keep my sanity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

......I have not seen either Blade Runner 2049 or Kingsman 2 (not yet, at least), and even I know that they are both better than Thor 2 without having seen them.

Neither of which are MCU films.

27 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Neither of which are MCU films.

But weren't you implying Thor 2 was better than everything between IT (implying the horror movie) and Thor 3?

Although Thor 2 is literally the 2nd worst MCU movie behind Iron Man 2 so they're wrong when they say it's the best between it and Thor 3 from the MCU stuff only too :ph34r:

Thor 2 is MCU’s worst film. I’ll take Kingsman 2, Geostorm and definitely BR2049 over it any day. Hell, I’d even take Ninjago.

Edited by YourMother

I find Iron Man 2 more unbearable than Thor 2. At least Thor 2 had some semblance of focus in its plot (albeit a bad one), + the Thor and Loki chemistry was great and the Jumper/Portal-style climax fight scene was kind of creative. Movie still sucked, and the villain was worse than Whiplash, but it sucked less than IM2.

IM2 did have a better script, though (Thor 2 had too much dull exposition and awful comedy), but it was a Goddamn mess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

TI4TCvn.gif

That's a 123.477 OW, which would be the 3rd biggest OW of the year, just slightly over It's 123.403M. Hot damn.

And a 27% Sunday drop for a November 100+ threequel opener, much stronger than Doctor Strange's 32.7% Sunday drop.... dis shit got dem LEGZ.

Kingsman 2 is messy, self indulgent and reminds one of Men in Black 2. Vaughn basically got lost in world building (like GDT sometimes) and the movie suffered partially for it.

not bad, but “eh.”

COOL RUNNINGS 2049 was awesome though. 

40 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I don’t mind Thor 2 but you can tell it was a troubled production. The fact that Marvel didn’t give Alan Taylor final cut is telling. 

Marvel has final cut on all their movies. Hell Whedon complained about cuts on AOU.

Edited by RRA

@MCKillswitch123 5 day weekend of Thor: Ragnarok (Wednesday-Sunday) which also happens to be his 2nd weekend is at the same level as the GotG2 OW. Nut Job 2 was able to match the OW of the first thanks to the holiday. Jigsaw going well for a horror movie. What Happened to Monday clearly shows there was demand for more screens and Stronger has a solid result. March of the Penguins 2 is a legendary bomb for the ages. Overall, a good 5 day weekend.

http://www.ica-ip.pt/fotos/downloads/ranking_fds_1_a_5_novembro_2017_194555a003c329ecb1.pdf

• Like 3