aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

1 hour ago, B D Joe said:

Dark World was decently regarded when it first came out.  I remember a lot of people saying it was better than the first one and Iron Man 3 which came out the same year.

That’s true and yeah it’s decent (come at me bro) but it’s problem is simple: better MCU movies (cough 2014) came out subsequently (and before see 2012) and because of the laws of rankings, it fell down the ranks. 

Its like HELP! Great Beatles album, great 1960s era rock music. But who puts it above other Beatles “great” records like Abbey Road or the White Album or Sgt Pepper? 

Okay Feige, you know what to do 😂! Get Hemsworth signed! Send the check to the CGI animators!

His name is Ulik! He's the size of Hulk, he cannot be done by the costume and makeup ladies! Send them to the Russos, Cap needs some costumed extras to beat up! Bring the animators in! Tell the CGI guys He's got huge fists! They've got brass knuckles on them! He likes sci fi technology too! 

And don't forget the 800 ton dragon between Asgard and Midgard! Tell 'em he talks too! Alright let's go 😂😂!

Edited by OdinSon2k14

6 hours ago, RRA said:

That’s true and yeah it’s decent (come at me bro) but it’s problem is simple: better MCU movies (cough 2014) came out subsequently (and before see 2012) and because of the laws of rankings, it fell down the ranks. 

Its like HELP! Great Beatles album, great 1960s era rock music. But who puts it above other Beatles “great” records like Abbey Road or the White Album or Sgt Pepper? 

Bingo. You’re definitely right. I enjoyed Thor 2 and I did find it better than the first, it’s a good movie. But... most or ok fine all Marvel movies recently have been better for me, anyway. I would have to rank Thor 2 towards the very bottom but that’s not really a diss, it’s just a testament to how much I’ve enjoyed what they’ve done.

So far Marvel has done a really good job with their "Part 3" films which is interesting as that is where most franchises struggle. Meanwhile it's their "Part 2s"  that tend to be a step down with the exception being Winter Soldier IMO. 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr