aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

Fantastic for Thor. Seeing it this week. I didn't watch Thor 2 but I was always surprised at how much vitriol it gets - but that's only because I saw one scene on Youtube and find it to be the most emotionally affecting scene in the MCU which was the death and funeral of the woman. When the lights started to rise up and that beautiful music played...fuck man.

Great for the Bird Lady. Saorise Ronan is a phenomenal actress. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

Fantastic for Thor. Seeing it this week. I didn't watch Thor 2 but I was always surprised at how much vitriol it gets - but that's only because I saw one scene on Youtube and find it to be the most emotionally affecting scene in the MCU which was the death and funeral of the woman. When the lights started to rise up and that beautiful music played...fuck man.

Great for the Bird Lady. Saorise Ronan is a phenomenal actress. 

Hate to disappoint you but the movie is not the origin story of the Brenda Fricker character from Home Alone 2.

57 minutes ago, Finnick said:

MORE THAN $431M WW WITH Actulas for THOR RAGNAROK,

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $122,744,989    28.2%
Foreign:  $308,384,671    71.8%

Worldwide:  $431,129,660  

Worldwide:  $431,971,116

So close to beating Die Another Day.

Gonna have to find another arbitrary goalpost soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thor + Hulk opened higher than SM + IM despite Nov vs Summer (in fact SMH had a bigger od at 51 and a better Sunday hold at -21% due to summer).

But then SMH's 2.85x will be very tough to match for Thor3 despite releasing in Nov. 

So sequelitis trumps seasonal differences I guess (am assuming the reception is similar for both).

This could be proof that despite being the 6th Spidey, SMH did behave like the non-sequel that it is.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thor + Hulk opened higher than SM + IM despite Nov vs Summer (in fact SMH had a bigger od at 51 and a better Sunday hold at -21% due to summer).

But then SMH's 2.85x will be very tough to match for Thor3 despite releasing in Nov. 

So sequelitis trumps seasonal differences I guess (am assuming the reception is similar for both).

This could be proof that despite being the 6th Spidey, SMH did behave like the non-sequel that it is.

With Guardians 2 legs (2.66), Ragnarok hits 326 m.

33 minutes ago, a2knet said:

:wintf:

Yeah im sure Sony is crying to the bank with their money.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

33 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Thor would need 2.72 multi to get to SMH's 334 Dom gross which is about the same as average MCU legs (2.73). 

I doubt it gets there. Spidey had great late legs. In fact it's multi of 2.85 is the 9th highest for a live action SH movie out of 40 or so movies release by the major studios (Fox, Sony, DC, Marvel) since X-men (Not counting the 2-3 that were released on a Wednesday)

31 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

He's just Dad-joking about some movie from before our time

27 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Pretty much. :lol: Noctis calling it "Bird Lady" made me laugh.

BTW its actual is in:

26 N Lady Bird A24 $364,437 - 4 - $91,109 $364,437 - 1

28 minutes ago, Goffe said:

It’s Lady Bird, not Bird Lady, which is apparently a character from HA2. 

1osws4.jpg

• Like 1