kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

8 minutes ago, DefenderD said:

Kraven has a trailer already?

That's my prediction based on Venom movies and now Morbius. 

What I meant is, Kraven already feels like another Sony poor machine movie. 

A movie that has a mediocre team behind it (which already has), a big star in front of it (which already has), I will bet it doesn't cost more than 90M and that it will be noticeable in trailers like it was with Venom movies and Morbius now. 

Kraven is already filming. 

Edited by ImNotRacistAtAll

4 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

How do I do that? 

What Eric said.

To some points that you made about Sony: Their "Spider-Man villain"-universe approach feels to me like the DCEU or the Universals Monster Universe (everyone remember that Mummy trailer?) in that they want a shared universe like Marvel and have similar success with it, but they lack the planning and care that the MCU had and has. I do not think for a second that Sony WANTS its movies to be mediocre-received, but copying the Marvel formula without having a grand plan in mind and using characters like Morbius which are not nearly as appealling as your Iron Mans, Thors and Black Panthers, it is just not a winning strategy in the long run.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

What Eric said.

To some points that you made about Sony: Their "Spider-Man villain"-universe approach feels to me like the DCEU or the Universals Monster Universe (everyone remember that Mummy trailer?) in that they want a shared universe like Marvel and have similar success with it, but they lack the planning and care that the MCU had and has. I do not think for a second that Sony WANTS its movies to be mediocre-received, but copying the Marvel formula without having a grand plan in mind and using characters like Morbius which are not nearly as appealling as your Iron Mans, Thors and Black Panthers, it is just not a winning strategy in the long run.

SONY is short on franchises; that is why they are streaching the Spidey franchise  as far as they can. If they had more sucessful frachises, they would not be pushing the Spidey verse the way they are. Spiderman is one of the most popular charecters out there, yes; not sure how many of the supporting charecters could stand on their own. Venom has a huge following,yes;not sure any of the other Spidey supporting charecters can suceed as a solo charecters.

• Like 1

It's kind of dumb that Sony chose Morbius and Kraven for solo movies when they have other Spider-Man characters that lend themselves to live action films like Black Cat or even Spider-Woman although I think Spider-Woman might be tricky rights wise depending on the incarnation.