kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

I'm not that happy with its score at RT (OTOH I don't care much about it as always) but I saw the Teaser Trailer now for the first time and I found it very interesting, especially the first half. Just my opinion of course. 

40 minutes ago, Villain Legion said:

Starting off about 50% verified, 45% all audience. Very small sample so far naturally but I don’t think this is gonna pull a Venom by any means.

That's the second lowest verified score for a comic book movie (although it's a bit tricky since verified score started in 2019). The worst is Hellboy's 48, so Morbius could be the lowest one in the end.

edit: Morbius now stands at 48%

Edited by Grebacio

The audience of like 20 total people was dead silent. The film is basically humorless with no character or memorable setpieces. The powers look awful on the big screen and the overall visual style is choppy and borderline incoherent. Everything is dark, underlit, and handheld. I cannot imagine why anyone would find Leto exciting. There's no meaningful arc or setpiece. A whimper of a movie. 

This wasn’t very good. I think my biggest problem with the movie is Leto. He’s 0/2 in comic book movies now, I feel like he just takes himself way too seriously for these roles. Also, some of the dialogue in the movie is awful. 

For reference:

Fantastic Four 18% all C- 2.18x (summer)

Jonah Hex 20% all C+ 1.96x

Ghost Rider 2 31% all C+ 2.34x

Green Lantern 45% all B 2.19x (summer)

Max Steel 48% all B 1.75x

Hellboy 48% all audience C 1.82x

Dark Phoenix 56% all (64% verified) B- 2.0x (summer)

BvS 63% all B 1.99x

tried to get every 2010 and onward CBM that was critically panned, sub 70% audience, B or worse CS

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

lol a fan4stic level turkey

hail sony

Theyre here saving us all. After all, where there is good (CBM), there must also be bad (CBM). Perfectly balanced.

4 hours ago, el sid said:

I'm not that happy with its score at RT (OTOH I don't care much about it as always) but I saw the Teaser Trailer now for the first time and I found it very interesting, especially the first half. Just my opinion of course. 

Well good news, half the footage in that trailer is apparently not even in the movie anymore.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, BestPicturePlutoNash said:

The audience of like 20 total people was dead silent. The film is basically humorless with no character or memorable setpieces. The powers look awful on the big screen and the overall visual style is choppy and borderline incoherent. Everything is dark, underlit, and handheld. I cannot imagine why anyone would find Leto exciting. There's no meaningful arc or setpiece. A whimper of a movie. 

No one in my theatre even laughed at the I am Venom line!! It was also weirdly delivered, it was very OOC for Michael Morbius to say that.