kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

7 hours ago, ddddeeee said:

lmao @ Jared Leto not realising people are laughing at him, not with him.

I think he's quite smart enough to realize that. He's also quite smart enough to ride the train, and be a good sport, in any small consideration that it will offer the opportunity to continue this gig/give him another job!  

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I went to see it due to the memes. If you go in watching it as a terrible film it's actually fun.

Tom Rothman thanks you.  

That still means at least 5,000 people bought tickets at $15 a pop, and considering many could get tix for less...it's probably twice that.  So say 10,000.  Maybe 25,000 tix sold over the weekend?  That's 25,000 new/converted/already existing devotees of the Morb.  They will spread the virus accordingly.  MorbMemes will become the new dark web.  Hey, it's more entertaining than QAnon!!!

Edited by Macleod

1 hour ago, Macleod said:

That still means at least 5,000 people bought tickets at $15 a pop, and considering many could get tix for less...it's probably twice that.  So say 10,000.  Maybe 25,000 tix sold over the weekend?  That's 25,000 new/converted/already existing devotees of the Morb.  They will spread the virus accordingly.  MorbMemes will become the new dark web.  Hey, it's more entertaining than QAnon!!!

Only one of AMCs around me is showing this, the tickets are $5.50 all day. The half-dozen Regals in my area have it at more normal prices, but are only showing it once a day this weekend. I'm guessing it's the same around the country, limited showtimes and lower ticket prices.

• Like 1

I can't wait until the Rifftrax gang gets ahold of this.

As for Internet Mems meaning a hit movie, if that were true then "SNakes On A Plane" would be one of the biggest hits of all time. Turned out people could have fun with the memes without paying to see the movie.

16 minutes ago, CloneWars said:

So, is Morbius going to end up becoming the superhero version of Rokcy Horror/The Room. It sure seems that way. Anyway, I can't believe the following this has gained. It was probably the only SH I outright hated.

How many points are you allocating it for the BOT Top 100 movies of all time?

18 hours ago, CloneWars said:

So, is Morbius going to end up becoming the superhero version of Rokcy Horror/The Room. It sure seems that way. Anyway, I can't believe the following this has gained. It was probably the only SH I outright hated.

Doubtful since it's not remotely funny bad or entertaining. It's just a super boring and generic studio film, nothing to mock beyond a studio making a Morbius movie to begin with. 

• Like 1