WrathOfHan

The Super Mario Bros. Movie | Universal/Illumination | April 5, 2023 | Chris Pratt is Mario, Charlie Day is Luigi, Anya Taylor-Joy is Peach | The most profitable movie of 2023

2 hours ago, MightyDargon said:

I'm worried this will absolutely nuke D&D.

Wick crossover won't be THAT big (since Wick is R although some older Mario fans like both) and not many other animated movies out now, but I'm worried at least 1 movie will get slammed.

This should be an absolute beast.

I don't think D&D was going to do too well anyway.

stupid how much more appealing this looks; allows me to realize that my biggest problem with the movie is how un-energetic and thus forced it seems; cant also help but feel like the movie is playing at 0.8x speed (if that makes sense), which ties back to my point about "energy"

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

stupid how much more appealing this looks; allows me to realize that my biggest problem with the movie is how un-energetic and thus forced it seems; cant also help but feel like the movie is playing at 0.8x speed (if that makes sense), which ties back to my point about "energy"

Could not disagree more. Seeing that makes me grateful Nintendo was watching over Illumination the whole time to ensure the movie didn't turn out like that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, interiorgatordecorator said:

It's kind of gold to me that you took a joke about how bad it'd be and went "Wow this is what the movie needed"

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

There is no overseas thread yet, but i want to say that presales here in Uruguay for f*cking midnight screenings on April 4th are selling well, and it also releases in holy week so numbers in Latin America will probably be huge on opening week

Edited by lor15

2 hours ago, lor15 said:

There is no overseas thread yet, but i want to say that presales here in Uruguay for f*cking midnight screenings on April 4th are selling well, and it also releases in holy week so numbers in Latin America will probably be huge on opening week

We already have a thread. 🙂

I’ve never seen a movie be sold like this. What does “upgrade” mean in this case?

34-E2-E4-BC-7582-4-C93-8927-0-A15-C40709

edit:

Anyone who pre-books to see The Super Mario Bros. Movie before April 4th will receive a free Power Up which is redeemable on their second visit to see The Super Mario Bros. Movie. The Power Up at ODEON is a free premium seat upgrade and the Power Up at VUE is either a VIP seat upgrade or a free regular Coke. Power Ups must be redeemed between April 14th – May 4th.

Edited by AJG

4 hours ago, AJG said:

I’ve never seen a movie be sold like this. What does “upgrade” mean in this case?

34-E2-E4-BC-7582-4-C93-8927-0-A15-C40709

edit:

As someone who has never gone to a VUE Theater, I wonder how the seats differ.

Only our most antiquated theater has the old-style non-reclining seats.

Anyway, at least they're thinking outside the box to get more people back, so kudos.

Definitely worrying that it's kind of late but honestly if this ended up being a Sonic-type reception, overall positive with critics but not by a lot with a super positive fan/general audience reception, I wouldn't be surprised.