DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Who the hell thought in 2014 that Guardians Of The Galaxy was gonna have a bigger DOM total than the 1st Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman crossover and that it would have a bigger OW than the 1st official Justice League movie? It's almost too crazy to think about.

BKB probably did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Who the hell thought in 2014 that Guardians Of The Galaxy was gonna have a bigger DOM total than the 1st Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman crossover and that it would have a bigger OW than the 1st official Justice League movie? It's almost too crazy to think about.

It's certainly one of the more astounding box office disappointments I can ever remember. I'd be fascinated to hear what's happening in the WB offices this morning.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MinaTakla said:

My hopes for DECU:

1. No more CGI fests - the less CGI the better, look at Nolan's films

2. Get grounded stories

3. Get excellent directors, no more synder and the likes

4. Get excellent villains that are not video game villains

5. Make your films FILMS and VIDEO GAMES. Make them grounded, believable, realistic. Raise the stakes that we can be invested in. 

6. Change Affleck, he looked really un-interested in JL.

7. Don't try to be Marvel. Don't over-do the humor just to be Marvel. You won't and shouldn't.

The thing is aside from the Batman part of this universe the other heroes  are closer to Gods than street vigilantes so grounded isn't as appropriate. 

Maybe it is me but all of these superhero movies are starting to look identical. Assemble a group of heroes and have them fight some unknown or CGI villain amidst a stormy or apocalyptic nighttime setting. I haven’t seen JL but that is my interpretation of it based on the trailers. Those trailers make it largely indistinguishable from pretty much every other superhero film. 

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I have to imagine every DCEU movie that isn't Aquaman (since it's already made), Wonder Woman 2, and I guess Shazam is being heavily called into question of happening right now.

Nah, I think Suicide Squad 2 is safe.

• Like 1

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they pushed Aquaman to late 2019/2020 and fasttracked Flashpoint to early/mid 2019 in order to give this whole DCEU thing a hard reboot and pretend none of this ever happened. Figure some way to keep the events and cast of Wonder Woman untouched in the continuity, reshuffle everything else (that may have to include throwing Cavill and Affleck away, which is a shame but oh well) and you're good to go.

1 minute ago, CoolEric258 said:

Nah, I think Suicide Squad 2 is safe.

Is it, though? It was already bound to see a decrease from the first considering the reception it got, and if Justice League lost over 40% of the audience from Batman v Superman...