DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

"some indie horror flick called Get Out will gross more than the 5th Transformers movie in 2017," I would say back in 2009 as everyone laughs in my face.

The idea of you telling me we'd have five Transformers films by this point in 2009 might have made me want to vomit in front of your face. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Agreed. My forecast this morning with a 105M OW had it doing a 2.51x/264. Same multi off 97M gets it to 243.5M. 

That would be a better multiplier than what Suicide Squad got (2.43x). Why do you think it'll get 2.51x?

We'll see how the final number looks tomorrow, but it's kind of staggering how quickly expectations dropped this weekend and it's clear at this point it's not going to even match the lowest of expectations from earlier this month. Wonder Woman gave us all a false sense of how this would perform, and it's probably best to simply consider that an anomaly; if we ignore it and take JL as simply the sequel to a maligned blockbuster that failed to achieve a 2.0 multiplier, a 35-40% drop in OW sales is hardly shocking.

The Fandango and Movietickets reports comparing to it Wonder Woman were troubling signs, but the possibility of coming in under $100M is there now. It can still pull off better than expected legs, certainly, but there's only so much ground that can be made up here. WB is going to have to have some serious talks on Monday about where to go with this universe.

• Like 1

Just now, franfar said:

That would be a better multiplier than what Suicide Squad got (2.43x). Why do you think it'll get 2.51x?

Thanksgiving help and nothing in early December.

• Like 2

Just now, franfar said:

Thanksgiving. Open it on Easter like BVS and that multi would be SS level or worse.

Of course, we don't know how legs will be :redcapes: 

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

Thanksgiving help and nothing in early December.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Thanksgiving. Open it on Easter like BVS and that multi would be SS level or worse.

Of course, we don't know how legs will be :redcapes: 

Well I was thinking the multi would be like 2x, roughly around the BvS multi. I don't see it going higher than 2.2x if WOM is as bad as reviews would suggest.

A 2.2x multi on a 98m OW would be 215.6m.

• Like 1