That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

If that number holds for Thor then its a 86% jump on friday compared to the 104 that DS had. But Thors week on week hold from last friday is +13.3% compared to +14.3% of DS. This is thanks to Thor's strong holds over the weekdays. It is still on track for 277+ total by Sunday and a weekend drop on par with DS so still going good. 

JL with about 94% jump on Friday. Thats slightly better than the 92% of FB but behind 106% of MJ2. Should it continue to follow FB's holds this weekend will lead to a drop of 57% or more for the weekend to a total of 40-40.5 and running dom total of about 171. 

19 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

23843546_1760225883987465_39401215400826

what's wrong with this world?

Haha I love that "certified fresh" sticker. As if the academy is gonna see that and be like "oh shit this got fresh? Rotten tomatoes liked it? That settles it it's the greatest film of the decade"

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

What would be ironic and fitting is if The Disaster Artist gets Best Picture. Academy love self-referential movies. To take a much derided movie and see it's story via a humanistic lens is something that will help Hollywood's image.

4 minutes ago, forg said:

The next two weekends are dire in terms of nationwide new releases so hopefully we could see some excellent holds from the holdovers!

They're dire because the first couple of weekends in December tend not to be good for new releases. The mid-December and Christmas releases are so big, as are the Thanksgiving ones, that they get somewhat crushed between them.

All the major movies from this weekend will probably see drops of 55-65% next weekend. But the following weekend, they'll probably be about 35-45% drops. It evens out.

46 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

23843546_1760225883987465_39401215400826

what's wrong with this world?

Eh, GotG2 would be a more worthy BP nominee than a host of films that actually have gotten the nom in the past. The completely ridiculous FYC ad from Disney is the BatB one.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Eh, GotG2 would be a more worthy BP nominee than a host of films that actually have gotten the nom in the past. The completely ridiculous FYC ad from Disney is the BatB one.

Isn’t there only like a 10% difference on RT? That’s a stretch to go from worthy to “completely ridiculous”. 

I preferred GOTG2 to BATB but eh it’s a firm NO to both for any awards. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Killimano3 said:

Haha I love that "certified fresh" sticker. As if the academy is gonna see that and be like "oh shit this got fresh? Rotten tomatoes liked it? That settles it it's the greatest film of the decade"

It might encourage them to actually watch it, anyway. But I still wouldn't want them to vote for it.

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Isn’t there only like a 10% difference on RT? That’s a stretch to go from worthy to “completely ridiculous”. 

I preferred GOTG2 to BATB but eh it’s a firm NO to both for any awards. 

both are ridiculously non-sense to be included in BP categories, they have win at the box office, that's much more than enough

Id be incrediblly happy if both War for the Planet of the Apes and Blade Runner 2049 are nominated for Best Picture. Sadly i dont see any chance for Logan to get in that category because its a CBM.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Just a thought - if Justice League can't hit 225M then it won't be even in the top 10 films of the year.

At least WW it's not gonna hit top 10. Right now IT is at #10. Even if JL beats IT, there's SW8 to come. COCO should also push JL down a spot. So is looking at #12 or #13 depending on whether it beats IT (If you considering only Hollywood releases than #11 or #12 worldwide).

Edited by a2knet

Top 10 Will Probably look like WW And Dom:

1. Star Wars 8: $1.85 billion
  2. Beauty and The Beast: $1.263 billion
  3. F8 Of The Furious: $1.235 billion
  4. Despicable Me 3: $1.032 billion
  5. Coco: $950 million
  6. Thor: Ragnarok: $900 million
  7. SMH: $880 million
  8. Wolf Warrior 2: $870 million
  9. Guardians Of The Galaxy 2: $865 million
  10. Wonder Woman: $822 million