TigerPaw

Monday (27 Nov) - JL $2.1m - Down 76%, Coco 2.3M - Down 84%

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Ridley Scott has turned out to be one of the most interesting comic directors in the latter years of his career, I mean :

Prometheus

The Counselor

The Martian (won plenty of funny wards)

Alien Covenant

All hilarious movies I can put everytime I am feeling down.

all of those are legit great movies.  even the counselor because any movie where cameron diaz humps a car cannot be bad.

Edited by That One Jar Jar Binks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mredman said:

So no "Coco :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:what a huge drop of 84%. And these haters actually say they do it to all movies. So where are you it droped bigger than JL.

it had exactly the same drop as Moana, better than Frozen's Monday drop...

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

So no "Coco :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:what a huge drop of 84%. And these haters actually say they do it to all movies. So where are you it droped bigger than JL.

It dropped so big because it's an animated movie coming off of Thanksgiving Sunday and had the same drop as Moana least year.  Better than Frozen too and that had astronomical legs.

If you're saying something as silly as this, it shows you really don't know much about box office and you're just here to champion every DC movie.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Ridley Scott has turned out to be one of the most interesting comic directors in the latter years of his career, I mean :

Prometheus

The Counselor

Alien Covenant

Three of those are very good. Try again.

8 minutes ago, mredman said:

CONTEXT

22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Prometheus

The Counselor

Alien Covenant

The  difference between the Martian and the other films  is that in The Martian the  comedy is intentional....

It will be interesting to see how Scott unpredencent move with "All The Money In The Woeld" works out.

5 minutes ago, mredman said:

Isn't it a big difference outside the summer for family/kid type title week days and weekend/holiday days and expecting larger drop for those.

Both drop seem in the average expectation zone, the issue with JL is not this monday drop, it is last wednesday/thursday/friday drop, since then they are normal/good relative drop but they carry that bad stretch and does not recover.

MJ2: 2.55m

FB monday: 2.16m

JL monday: 2.1m

Beast did 75.86m after that day, if it keep exactly Beast pace and does 73.75m, it will end up with 247.75m (will not be bad under the circumstance), if it continue to loose ground from time to time

Hunger games made 80m if it follow MJ2 trend it would finish around 241.7m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hmm. It’s almost as if Coco is acting similarly to other Thanksgiving animated movies Monday drop. But that’s too crazy. You clearly know everything about box office and don’t just come here for DC movies.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 2

Can we burn this thread with fire? 

Oh and btw, most "comedy" this decade has sucked. The over reliance on Aptow style sex come ruined the actual comedic genre (that and the fact that cynicism seems to be the go to for comedy anymore.)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Actually, that's not what I'm laughing at. I'm laughing at the fact this may sell less tickets than the goddamn Addams Family.

DUN DUN DA DA

Fun Fact: Illumination and Tim Burton originally had plans to team up on a stop motion Addams Family movie.

I guess both movies had standard drops for their particular genre, but only one of them caused hysterics.  Not from you.

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Isn't it a big difference outside the summer for family/kid type title week days and weekend/holiday days and expecting larger drop for those.

Both drop seem in the average expectation zone, the issue with JL is not this monday drop, it is last wednesday/thursday/friday drop, since then they are normal/good relative drop but they carry that bad stretch and does not recover.

MJ2: 2.55m

FB monday: 2.16m

JL monday: 2.1m

Beast did 75.86m after that day, if it keep exactly Beast pace and does 73.75m, it will end up with 247.75m (will not be bad under the circumstance), if it continue to loose ground from time to time

Hunger games made 80m if it follow MJ2 trend it would finish around 241.7m

It's bad. There's no way around it. Under $250M is a disaster. That was unthinkable even a week ago.

3 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

It's bad. There's no way around it. Under $250M is a disaster. That was unthinkable even a week ago.

It was the moment the first weekend estimate of 100m came out and went it went to 93m estimate imo, talk of not reaching 250m started right away on the message board if I remember correctly. 2.68 is not a specially bad multiplier for a a giant superheroes a bit far in is storyline and with he previous entry multiplier.

Release schedule and lack of direct competition for a long while made it really possible to make a bit more than 2.7, but it is far from surprising if it does not happen imo.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It was the moment the first weekend estimate of 100m came out and went it went to 93m estimate imo, talk of not reaching 250m started right away on the message board if I remember correctly. 2.68 is not a specially bad multiplier for a a giant superheroes a bit far in is storyline and with he previous entry multiplier.

Release schedule and lack of direct competition for a long while made it really possible to make a bit more than 2.7, but it is far from surprising if it does not happen imo.

There is no best case scenario. Under $250M is horrible. It doesn't matter if it's $247M or $230M. They're both a horrible end result.

• Like 1