aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

35 minutes ago, Sam said:

Moving the goal post now, aren’t we? 

For you, Coco not making negative BO number should already make it count as a big success. 

No moving of posts. It's just funny watching the same jokers who call JL a "disaster" by comparing it to other big-budget comic book movies aren't doing the same for CoCo, a big budget Pixar blockbuster.

CoCo should be compared with Finding Nemo, Up, the Incredibles, and all the other top Pixar box office draws, and judged with the same critical eye, rather than salivating over stuff like "wow, CoCo only dropped 32.784% wednesday to thursday !!!" even though it only grossed $2.3 million or whatever on thursday, and hasn't even hit $90m DOM yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

No moving of posts. It's just funny watching the same jokers who call JL a "disaster" by comparing it to other big-budget comic book movies aren't doing the same for CoCo, a big budget Pixar blockbuster.

CoCo should be compared with Finding Nemo, Up, the Incredibles, and all the other top Pixar box office draws, and judged with the same critical eye, rather than salivating over stuff like "wow, CoCo only dropped 32.784% wednesday to thursday !!!" even though it only grossed $2.3 million or whatever on thursday, and hasn't even hit $90m DOM yet. 

3vKJqc7.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

maxresdefault.jpg

20 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

People liked JW. It had a better multiplier than the Avengers despite opening higher (!). The hate for this movie on the Internet is non-existent in the GA. So i dont think the reception for JW will affect the OW of Fallen Kingdom that much. Marketing, promotion and reviews will be much more important.

Sure, JW had legs due to curiousity.

A segment of the population acted like it was the second coming and people wondered what the big deal was.

There are no hulk vs Loki moments, no Avenger assembled moments.

Also more kids probably obsessed over JW.

I talked to some DCU fans on another site and Blame JL underperformance on Coco and Thor 3.

I said Thor 3 opened two weeks before and coco the week after.

They said it opened the same weekend...

#DCalternative facts 

• Haha 4

Just now, grey ghost said:

A segment of the population acted like it was the second coming and people wondered what the big deal was.

The thing is sure JW beat the Avengers but I am sure after the film from this year the franchise is pretty much spent unlike MCU.

So i dont see the point in arguing. 

9 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Coco on it's way to beat JL world-wide. But why would believe that when last weekend you were predicting 170m dom total for Coco.

edit: also we had jokers predicting stuff like JL = Thor3 + Coco. 

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

7.1 (+55%)

4.3 (-40%)

= 16.0 (-61%)

16 would give JL 196.75 cume.

If it adds 2.5x the weekend more (compared to 2.8x of MJ2) to it's cume then 196.75 + 40 = 236.75m dom

Just barely over Doctor Strange. The AVENGERS of the DC universe barely beating a C level character like DS is quite frankly embarrassing.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

T-Rex teaming up with Blue to take down Indominus was for sure an Avengers assemble moment. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Image result for you're embarrassing yourself gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

d1GlDJw.gif

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

This place is so cruel to Avatar :whosad:

I loved avatar when i watched it in the theather but it was really that the visuals was so amazzong, it was a great experience, but until today it still bafflle me its box office take. Having Titanic and Avatar in your resume (and i am only am talking about box office wise, even he is one of the greatest directors) had to make you some kind of legend in the box office history for decades and even centuries, its just so incredible and surreal that a Director could make the 2 biggest boxoffice movies of all time.

Sorry for my bad english.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

I wanted Shape of Water to do better. Not bad by any means but not amazing either.

And @The Last Panda

The numbers are actually great since it only opened in two theaters in NY. Not as strong of a PTA as the Lady Bird/Three Billboards/Call Me by Your Name trifecta but those movies are expected to be bigger Oscar players (while Shape of Water has been slowly fading for anything above the tech line) anyway.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Your hate for Disney is quite consistent, it's pretty amazing. Coco is going to make way more then Justice League. When The Last Jedi does well (of course), I'm sure you'll call it a failure just because it didn't outgross TFA