aabattery

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - Coco 26.11M, JL 16.58M, Wonder 12.5M, T:R 9.65M, MOTOE 6.7M, LB 4.54M, 3BOEM 4.53M, TDA 1.22M

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I'm gonna be so happy when Star Wars comes out in two weeks, not just because I'm dying of excitement for it, but also just so the bickering over Justice League will finally come to an end.

That won't stop it :hahaha::kitschjob: 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Brainbug said:

OMG a Mosasaur is NOT a fish, its a marine reptil.

And YES, the end-fight of JW is one of the best climaxes of any blockbuster ever. Fight me.

Yup, the exciting climax and Claire running in heels is why I shelled out 16 times for it. 

• Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

CoCo's budget is much closer to JL's than that.

Whether it out-grosses it, we'll see. I'm waiting for CoCo to bust $100m DOM. Should happen any day now, eh?

I can actually taste the bitterness of this post.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to get into semantics but several famous philosophers have correctly observed that if you’re going to argue, you should probably define terms first so you actually know where the disagreement lies.

Specifically, the word “original.” What does that mean to each person? Can a sequel be original? Is something based on a book original? What if it’s based on a news story? Is a movie only original if it started as a screenplay alone? Or in the last example, is merely starting as a screenplay (ala Star Wars 1977) a necessary but insufficient condition of originality? In other words, even if it was an original screenplay not based on anything else, it still might not be an original film?

The reason I bring up the above is because I would not be surprised to learn we all probably have slightly different definitions or hugely different definitions of “original” and it may even be a loaded word we just like to apply to things we love :P

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

So they should stop making movies that millions of people enjoy around the world, that employs thousands across the world and that makes inverstors lots of money because you feel overexposed and yet cant help watching them?

Again the remedy of over exposure is to simply not expose yourself to them. 

“And you wouldn’t want us EXPOSING ourselves.”

:P