DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

I love Disney, I'm fine about them getting more franchises, I know I'll have quality products with them at the helm. But I hope they won't go too far after that because competition is needed.

I'd like them to invest in videogames by creating studios and becoming one of the biggest third parties, I want to see ambitious games featuring Disney properties. For now we only have Kingdom Hearts doing that.

Edited by Fullbuster

1 minute ago, Ragnar said:

Thinking about it. It's not good for the industry. But if they want to sell Fox and someone will buy it, I think Disney is the best option.

Yeah, if Universal bought Fox then Fox Searchlight would definitely be toast. They already have Focus.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

99% guarantee

Disney: "let's buy Fox and shutdown areas where we have no players or any source of PROFIT"

Investors: "yeah!!!"

In two years when (if) everything settles down I'll wait for more conspiracy theories...afterall people truly believe Disney buys reviews sooo...

Edited by XO21
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, KeepItU25071906 said:

99% guarantee

Disney needs PG/PG-13 franchises. That's all what they want.

If they want a strong streaming service to compete with Netflix and Hulu they can’t just cater to families. Which the only reason why’d they want Searchlight and the Fox label to live.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Disney: "let's buy Fox and shutdown areas where we have no players or any source of PROFIT"

In two years when (if) everything settles down I'll wait for more conspiracy theories...afterall people truly believe Disney buy reviews sooo...

Then again if you proof like at what happened to Touchstone and Miramax throughout the years.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Then again if you proof like at what happened to Touchstone and Miramax throughout the years.

Miramax golden age was during the Disney years, then H Weinstein burned it to the ground, exactly like TWC.

TWC before the scandal hit was on verge of bankrupt. 

Touchstone suffered like the rest of Disney in the early 00'. All divisions were in a really bad shape especially animation and ABC.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XO21 said:

Miramax golden age was during the Disney years, then H Weinstein burned it to the ground, exactly like TWC.

TWC before the scandal hit was on verge of bankrupt. 

Touchstone suffered like the rest of Disney in the early 00'. All divisions were in a really bad shape especially animation and ABC.

Exactly, once they stop turning profit, either they will be shutdown or their content will be more streamlined to current disney model.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

Exactly, once they stop turning profit, either they will be shutdown or their content will be more streamlined to current disney model.

Re-read that post.  Re-read it a few times.  Then remember the bottom line of the film industry is to make money (you should know that being on a Box Office Forum)

• Like 4

Just now, The Last Panda said:

Re-read that post.  Re-read it a few times.  Then remember the bottom line of the film industry is to make money (you should know that being on a Box Office Forum)

Yeah. Something tells me Searchlight and Fox will survive. Sure Disney has Fox’s library of old shows and movies but that means jack shit to the consumer, which is why they want/need new content outside of the Disney label. Their streaming service won’t survive if they cater to just the fans and families without shows like Bojack Horseman or Stranger Things in their and Disney knows that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

And I agree, that's why I wrote that comment. What's your point? Or you just wanted to be snarky and feel superior.

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

I love Disney, I'm fine about them getting more franchises, I know I'll have quality products with them at the helm. But I hope they won't go too far after that because competition is needed.

I'd like them to invest in videogames by creating studios and becoming one of the biggest third parties, I want to see ambitious games featuring Disney properties. For now we only have Kingdom Hearts doing that.

Disney just isn't in the video game business anymore.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

And I agree, that's why I wrote that comment. What's your point? Or you just wanted to be snarky and feel superior.

I was saying your post reads like your complaining that a film industry expects to see profits from their studios to keep them running?  As if it's some cold thing?

Any other studio would shutdown or change-up a Searchlight like studio if it wasn't producing results.  If Searchlight survived at Fox, it'll survive at Disney.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, XO21 said:

In two years when (if) everything settles down I'll wait for more conspiracy theories...afterall people truly believe Disney buys reviews sooo...

Touchstone and Miramax, bro, Touchstone and Miramax. 

I'm not certain what the future will bring with this deal but I'm certain we're not going to see the castle logo before Ad Astra or Gambit (which will be among the first releases when the deal actually starts to take effect in 2019) like a bunch of people seem to be worrying about.

they demand 65%-70% cut from TLJ, a franchise that is so big for theater to resist, now with merging with FOX, the cut could go to 80% or even higher......this means no good news for exhibitor.....

and you can imagine they will ask for 8 weeks mandatory screening in 3D halls and IMAX halls for avatar 2

1 minute ago, titanic2187 said:

they demand 65%-70% cut from TLJ, a franchise that is so big for theater to resist, now with merging with FOX, the cut could go to 80% or even higher......this means no good news for exhibitor.....

and you can imagine they will ask for 8 weeks mandatory screening in 3D halls and IMAX halls for avatar 2

If true, that would still be better than shrinking the movie theaters' exclusivity window.