DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

9 minutes ago, Darth Suburious said:

I have no loyalty to any studio. I care about people losing their jobs, companies becoming too big. Disney has done nothing for me nor has Fox. I do not get this idea of being a fan of a studio. 

I don't understand the idea of not being a fan of a studio if a person follows box office closely. The whole concept of box office really revolves around the studios battling for box office supremacy. Box office is really comparing studios to each other and seeing which one is more successful from year to year (or which studios have the most successful films of all-time). And if you aren't a fan of a studio, then I don't see why it would even matter if one company buys another.

I don't think most people are fans of studios. That's why there really aren't any other boards like this that truly discuss box office. If someone didn't care about a specific studio or studios, then I'd think they'd be on IMDB arguing about which director is better, or which actor is better, or which movie is better. I can't see how following box office could be fun without having a favorite studio or a few favorite studios.

Since they cant use the Fox name I suppose, I think the wise move would be to release all of the Fox movies under a revived Hollywood Pictures banner and use the Touchstone Pictures brand for the more arthouse films (aka Searchlight).

That way they get all the adult fare for their streaming service and box office share and Oscar prestige all at once.

5 hours ago, cannastop said:

I wonder how the release dates of the Avatar sequels will be affected.

Episode 9 releases before  Avatar 2 so Disney should just give  Avatar that month for a few years and put Rian Johnson's new trilogy in May. They can put Marvel in any month  and it will be a hit.

Edited by eddyxx

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Episode 9 releases beef Avatar 2 so Disney should just Guv Avatar that month for a few years and put Rian Johnson's new trilogy in May. They can put Marvel in any month  and it will be a hit.

They could alternate Avatar and Johnson trilogy movies in December, which could be an effective strategy. It would keep both franchises running longer, giving more time for the Avatar and Johnson Trilogy interest to be at their peaks when it comes to merchandising and theme parks.

Edited by The Last Panda

Anyone who thinks the post-merger film industry will be anything close to a monopoly should take a look at the computer market.

Operating System Market Share

2016-12 to 2017-11

Platform  Share
Windows 89.01%  
Mac OS 7.92%  
Linux 2.31%  

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx

89,01% !

Talk about a competitive environment.

This is like... light years away from the situation we're in with Disney buying Fox

Zoom out guys, see things outside of the vacuum. For starters, we have no idea how things will really go. Most of the doom & gloom is based on pure speculation so far.

As a wise Jedi Master said

tumblr_oxnomhBH0D1w7d305o3_540.gif 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Anyone who thinks the post-merger film industry will be anything close to a monopoly should take a look at the computer market.

Arguably Netflix&Amazon that the movie world just gained as producer/distributor of content are getting bigger than Fox is now I guess, so this is certainly true.

19 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Operating System Market Share

2016-12 to 2017-11

Platform  Share
Windows 89.01%  
Mac OS 7.92%  
Linux 2.31%  

https://www.netmarketshare.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx

89,01% !

Talk about a competitive environment.

This is like... light years away from the situation we're in with Disney buying Fox

Zoom out guys, see things outside of the vacuum. For starters, we have no idea how things will really go. Most of the doom & gloom is based on pure speculation so far.

As a wise Jedi Master said

tumblr_oxnomhBH0D1w7d305o3_540.gif 

But people have been complaining about MS Monopoly on OS for two decades. Even several cases were made against them, and people still want a competitive environment in it. I don't know how this comparison helps your argument. People are complaining, rightly so about Monopoly in every field, airlines, dslr, hdd. All of this start somewhere, this is where it is starting. And this is not about disney, but about a mojor studio getting control over another major studio. Replace, wb or uni with dis, and you will get the same reaction.