DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

2 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

what a disaster of epic proprotions. American films will become more boring. Soon indie directors will have only Netflix and amazon as avenues for production and distribution.

I wasn’t going cinema to see their shit anyway. Put it all online dammit.

• Haha 3

You know, this should be interesting for Latin American premium networks because we only have HBO and FOX Premium for first run movies.

HBO LA has the rights for WB, Disney, Sony and Universal movies.

FOX Premium witch is clearly a Fox company has 20th Century Fox, Paramount and Lionsgate movies.

HBO LA clearly has the upper hand here. So If the deal goes through does this means that FOX Premium will lose the rights to future FOX movies to HBO LA, leaving them just Paramount and Lionsgate, and eventually merge into one big Premium cable network?

This deal leaves so many questions.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boxx93 said:

You know, this should be interesting for Latin American premium networks because we only have HBO and FOX Premium for first run movies.

FOX Premium witch is clearly a Fox company has 20th Century Fox, Paramount and Lionsgate movies.

HBO LA clearly has the upper hand here. So If the deal goes through does this means that FOX Premium will lose the rights to future FOX movies to HBO LA, leaving them just Paramount and Lionsgate, and eventually merge into one big Premium cable network?

Fox is owned by Fox so if anything were to move wouldn’t it be more likely that Disney moves to a network that it owns? How would HBO have the upper hand here?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There was still just 3 Iron man movie and 3 Wolverine movie I think (could be wrong about this) during all that time.

That why I had 3 Deadpool being the expected amount in mind.

Deadpool will likely peak at 3 no matter what. Jack Sparrow is proof that American audiences get tired of goofy characters after a few films. 

2 minutes ago, Frozen said:

Deadpool will likely peak at 3 no matter what. Jack Sparrow is proof that American audiences get tired of goofy characters after a few films. 

Blasphemy!  Deadpool is a very serious and adult funny book character!  

5 minutes ago, AJG said:

Fox is owned by Fox so if anything were to move wouldn’t it be more likely that Disney moves to a network that it owns? How would HBO have the upper hand here?

Exactly. Disney would own Fox Premium so HBO would eventually lose Disney when the current deal expires. 

1 hour ago, Barnack said:

There was still just 3 Iron man movie and 3 Wolverine movie I think (could be wrong about this) during all that time.

That why I had 3 Deadpool being the expected amount in mind.

RDJ = 3 IM movies, 4 Avengers movies (by 2019), 3 MCU films (Incredible Hulk/Homecoming/Civil War) 10 films, albeit one of them (Incredible Hulk) was a cameo.

Jackman = 3 Wolverine films, Original X-Men trilogy, prequel trilogy. 9 films, albeit one of them (First Class) was a cameo. 

That's a lot of money tied up in blockbusters that've made their corporate masters a lot of money, many said blockbusters banking on that one particular casting. To prematurely predict Deadpool (or at least this R-rated Reynolds run) will be capped off after 3-4 films as you did is quite.....interesting to say the least.   

6 hours ago, BXT said:

This is also bad news for some fanboys too. If they are folding Fox/Marvel into Disney/Marvel then Fox/marvel will have to play by the Disney/marvel rules. Say goodbye to R-rated movies and say hello to X-Men movies that look and feel exactly like Ironman movies.

So you are saying the Fox X-men movies will be good/great from this point forward?  

Nice!!   About time!

:wave:

4 hours ago, Chewy said:

Actually,,,,,,, it's a good thing that all these jobs will disappear b/c capitalism

But I thought you guys wanted to keep more R rated movies?...which employ less people than a typical Marvel movie.

You heartless beast!   How dare you be so insensitive to all those jobs!   Why aren't you rooting for PG-13 Deadpool movies so there will be more jobs??

I'm standing up for "jobs".   (It's a great buzzword so you can be on the "right side")

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RRA said:

will be capped off after 3-4 films as you did is quite.....interesting to say the least.   

More in term of I am not sure if you base a business model decision on the possibility that it would still be massively superior with an R-rating for Deadpool after 3 solo movies (or start making the non solo Deadpool movie he has roles in R also) ? A 50 year's old Ryan Reynold will still be interested in that type of movie ? people to still watch him ? Pure speculation either way obviously. Batman became a recurrent world movie presence maybe Deadpool will.

15 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

But I thought you guys wanted to keep more R rated movies?...which employ less people than a typical Marvel movie.

There is around 220 R-rated movie released a year in a 80b a year industry, is a particular movie in a particular year really relevant to the conversation ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

HBO LA is a part of Time Warner. I suppose, Disney want to divide.

If Disney wants a Netflix competing streaming service they’re going to need a constant supply of diverse content. 

It seems the smart thing to do would be to create a studio of studios. A mix of studios creating a mixture of content for the whole spectrum of the market place. 

• Like 4

I don't think we should presume that Fox's R rated movie production is going to stop.  Disney has distributed plenty of R rated films in its history under different banners.

I mean, they might.  I think it's been a while since there was an R rated film distributed by a Disney company. But I don't think it's a lock by any means.  Mostly because I think they were focused on other things recently.  But this IS a company that distributed Miramax films for a while.  Nevermind the harder edge Touchstone Picture films.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

If Disney wants a Netflix competing streaming service they’re going to need a constant supply of diverse content. 

It seems the smart thing to do would be to create a studio of studios. A mix of studios creating a mixture of content for the whole spectrum of the market place. 

Pixar, WDA, Disneytoon, Marvel, LucasArts, ABC, ESPN, DisneyNature, + whatever coming from Fox acquisition... I think they already have suppliers from diverse fields and demos. Just need to organize it in a good streaming service and market it properly. 

54 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Put Family Guy, Simpsons, Archer, American Dad, and Futurama all on one service and I’ll be fine.

I have no clue why Fox didn’t do it themselves in all honesty.

8 hours ago, XO21 said:

The points made by the WSJ make me pause too... but even high level executives don’t know what will happen, so let’s wait and see, before claiming Disney is shutting down R rated movies, firing 3500 people...

I do agree with the piece that Fox will become a glorified label.