Eric Prime

Moviepass and its Impact on the Box Office

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Warning for all that Sinemia is absolute garbage too.  Don't even consider it.

This makes me so sad b/c they are the only family plan in town...I'd seen some recent crappy reviews, so that helped me hold off (that, and I asked the kids if they wanted this as a Xmas present and got a big yes)...sigh, back to the drawing board b/c I don't have 6 phones to handles 6 apps...nor do I want unlimited movies for my youngest (since they'll only watch, maybe, 1x/month in spring/fall)...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

This makes me so sad b/c they are the only family plan in town...I'd seen some recent crappy reviews, so that helped me hold off (that, and I asked the kids if they wanted this as a Xmas present and got a big yes)...sigh, back to the drawing board b/c I don't have 6 phones to handles 6 apps...nor do I want unlimited movies for my youngest (since they'll only watch, maybe, 1x/month in spring/fall)...

I haven't had issues with it for my wife and myself.  Just a few small nuisances

21 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I haven't had issues with it for my wife and myself.  Just a few small nuisances

Thanks for that feedback - if that changes over the next month or two, let me know b/c I'll probably pull the trigger (unless it starts sucking or Regal/Cinemark come up with something great) in October (in time to see some of the late September kid movies and set up for the Nov/Dec ones:)...since we've already watched the summer ones we wanted:)...

8 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Thanks for that feedback - if that changes over the next month or two, let me know b/c I'll probably pull the trigger (unless it starts sucking or Regal/Cinemark come up with something great) in October (in time to see some of the late September kid movies and set up for the Nov/Dec ones:)...since we've already watched the summer ones we wanted:)...

Will do.  The nuisances are 1) only one premium seat per month (though we have the 2 tickets for 2 people plan) and 2) Online booking is nice but you can only have one "advanced ticket" at a time.  So if you grab a ticket for a movie in one month you won't be able to get any tickets online til then though you can get them at the theater.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RandomCat said:

You know what's most amusing. Is there were people who said this would go under after half a year at the start of 2018. Then about half a year in, a group of people got really smug and called that first group wrong, and that Moviepass was going to stay.

And now...well...yeah.

The most amusing could have been the fortune they would make selling MoviePass movie going habit data to people angle.

17 hours ago, DAR said:

So what movies can you see if you still Moviepass?

It's back up with revisions again. 

You can't see new release films for at least the first two weekends still.

You may get TTG at surge price but not get HT3 at all as a choice till evening. Why that can't be listed as surge I don't know.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Why exactly is that?

I'm not sure how it is with a physical card, but if you're buying advance tickets online (which is what I tried to do), then it gives you a temporary credit card number that doesn't work when you put it into the credit card info space.  Their support wasn't helpful at all either.

It's also way too needlessly complicated.

3 hours ago, Rumpot said:

Moviepass - entire company now worth about $100,000.  Same as a Tesla.  

If you remove them consolidating 250 shares to 1 last week the stock price would be 1/30th of a cent. $0.00028 roughly

Oops, now 1/50th of a cent and worth about $50,000.  Forget Tesla it's now worth same as a loaded Acura

6 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

Oops, now 1/50th of a cent and worth about $50,000.  Forget Tesla it's now worth same as a loaded Acura

And might I add that the 1.5M previews of the much maligned Winnie the Pooh could buy the entire Moviepass company 30 times over

3 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I'm not sure how it is with a physical card, but if you're buying advance tickets online (which is what I tried to do), then it gives you a temporary credit card number that doesn't work when you put it into the credit card info space.  Their support wasn't helpful at all either.

It's also way too needlessly complicated.

Saw that sometimes you have to use a certain zip code to make it work...not sure if that helps or not, but somewhere I read that some LA zip code had to be used for all online purchases...

12 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Warning for all that Sinemia is absolute garbage too.  Don't even consider it.

LMAO what happened with sinemia? I had it for a brief bit. I thought the premium screening was  every month, of course you could only see it after 30 days after your last premium showing which is BS.

also, I heard they have you pay the booking fee now which wasn't the case when I had it.

EDIT: nvm he answered this to someone else

Edited by YLF

1 minute ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Moviepass is a scam now, blacking out matinees, limiting showtimes to after 4pm, then abruptly removing all showtimes around 7pm. I wonder how many subscribers canceled in the last week.

LMAO theres no point now you can't see shit. They wouldn't show any of the movies at my local indie theater on the app. and they blatantly dont put most showings on the app for like every theater. its pointless now. 

People have been saying on reddit that the app will show a movie/showtime and by the time they get to the theater the movie disappears.

• Like 2