CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Most boring 200M OW ever?

Yeah, due to expectations. IT doing 120+ was insane. Thor3 doing 120+ was great. But JL doing 120 would have been the most boring 100+ ow.

Most people have 200+ for TLJ. I think the lowest on derby is 198. Now if it falls 5+ short of 200, things will get :popcorn:

• Like 2

With Christmas and New year's eve on Sunday instead of Saturday I was expecting this to have better legs than rogue one but the mixed reception has me wondering. 

Still, to do less than Jurassic world dom I think the weekend has to end up under 195.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Most boring 200M OW ever?

Perhaps. Probably because it isn't an uncharted milestone (The Avengers), a completely shocking surprise (Jurassic World) or a record obliterating performance (The Force Awakens) - it's just totally expected for this movie.

Ironically, it so happens that the dullest 200M OW ever is also for imo either the best or 2nd best 200M OW movie ever. People suck balls.

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

star wars fans are the worst type of fans; as in the type that have a very, very, very narrow view of what the property is allowed to be.

It's not narrow. Narrow would be a singular vision, something obtainable.

Star Wars fans have countless individual movies in their head. It's impossible to please them all.

• Like 2

This film is awesome. I can see why some fanboys are pissed though but fuck me, such a fun ride! 2 big applauses moments plus at the end! Audience was really into it!

Fans who dislike it might just be a bit too set in their own ways for their own good, I don’t know and I’m not sure I care,I just wanna watch it again!

I think it’s blasting those early weekend estimates.

Edited by Arlborn
  • Like 3

Just now, grey ghost said:

Rank movies that made 200+ m OW including TLJ... :sparta:

not a rank worthy list tbh. if i was allowed to watch one of them on the big screen for free right now would want to watch JW. i think it's most fun.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 2

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Last Jedi was always going to dip from TFA and TBH I suspect this won't be as leggy that but still a huge moneymaker. I assume the budget is $200-250m so Disney will be making a nice chunk of change. 

the entire prod budget and more will be covered by dom theatrical even if it only does 600. 0.55*600 = 330.