CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

18 minutes ago, a2knet said:

God No. Moana did 12.73 this weekend after 18.53 previous weekend. I didn't expect Coco to hold that well after a similar 18.45 weekend but at least do 10-11.

7 is down 62%. I refuse to believe that.:circles:

A $7M FOURTH weekend for Coco is worse than Moana's FIFTH weekend ($7.7M) and TS2's SEVENTH (wide) weekend ($7.1M) and it's also under Tangled's fourth weekend as well ($8.8M). Hell, TGD (-58%) would be having a better hold than Coco and that was up against TFA, Alvin 4, and Sisters.

Hopefully, the actuals are much higher than what they are right now, but going off of MT, this may be the case.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I used to love Charlie and the Chocolate Factory as a kid. Then i watched it again two years ago...

:whosad:

Elfman Score rocks though.

I watched it with my kids...and if you read the book right before, it's such a tribute to the book...it's in the same whacky spirit, the same sarcastic bent, the same focus on good kids win and bad kids get screwed (and the songs - dead on to the book's craziness for those)...I mean the only real hang-up I had was the added"dad" storyline...so it drags the movie to a B...without it, I'd have given it a better score...

And I'll say my youngest thinks the music videos are so good he has literally watched them daily for a month...just the Oompa Loompas...

2 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

A $7M FOURTH weekend for Coco is worse than Moana's FIFTH weekend ($7.7M) and TS2's SEVENTH (wide) weekend ($7.1M) and it's also under Tangled's fourth weekend as well ($8.8M). Hell, TGD (-58%) would be having a better hold than Coco and that was up against TFA, Alvin 4, and Sisters.

Hopefully, the actuals are much higher than what they are right now, but going off of MT, this may be the case.

hopefully we see better than expected Sat and Suns (especially Suns in Coco's case).

12 minutes ago, PNF2187 said:

The MT numbers are bad? Don't understand this part

Projections For Weekend:

The Last Jedi:

45M

60M

60.5M (+0.5%)

48.4M (-20%)

$213.9 million weekend

Ferdinand:

4.9M

6.9M (+40%)

5.5M (-20%)

$17.65 million weekend

Coco:

3M (+185%)

5.3M (+75%)

3.8M (-27.5%)

$12.1 million weekend (-34.4%)

I sort of liked Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the first time I watched it and found it different and amusing. Then watched Willy Wonka and the Choc Fac for the first time ever, and couldn't tolerate the new one anymore. ^_^

I haven't seen the original Willy Wonka film all the way through but I liked it from what I remember. I thought the new one was fine as a child but was a little perplexed at the hate it received. Nowadays, I completely understand why people hate it so much.

Maybe I should watch both films back-to-back to really see the difference in quality.

Edited by Rorschach

Just now, ThomasNicole said:

The MT numbers are bad? Don't understand this part

Ferdinand is at 3.3% right now and is looking at a $14-15M OW, Coco is at 1.6% which would translate to $7M in that case.

Then again, this is probably flawed logic, since comparing Coco to TLJ would result in a $3.7M weekend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Depp is solid in OE IMO. First performance of his in a while where he isn't doing anything too over the top.

OE?

As for me I'll go back to Donnie Brasco as his best performance because he played a real character