CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

1 minute ago, ThomasNicole said:

Yeah, i'm thinking $ 220M finish too [and around $ 800M worldwide]

Really happy for Pixar and excited to see Coco, it will be release here in January

$800m world wide! Now that would be interesting.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I see 105

66 +10%

53 -20%

224 million weekend.

Yeah the highest I can see is 66M Saturday with $55M Sunday but the most likely is pretty much what you wrote as best case reasonable scenario.

I would be quite pleased still with 63M Saturday and $50M Sunday.

PS: Coco rocks. I got laughed at by my GF for saying I choked up near the end, hey I didn’t cry or anything, but that was a great fuckin’ movie. I thought it really hits hard at the end, maybe that’s just me :P

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Ferdinand looks like it's going to follow closely in the footsteps of Charlotte's Web '06. That movie opened to $11M and finished with $83M when the calendar last aligned.

Considering it cost $110m it's not going to convince Disney to keep Blue Sky around. :kitschjob:

9 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm glad that everyone finally came to their senses regarding the audience score and realize now that was trolls at work.  Nice to see everyone trusting the actual data and seeing the numbers reflect that  

Yeah. At first I thought it was but my audience proved me wrong and loved it.

Also, was Ferd the Word in actuals?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cookie said:

Considering it cost $110m it's not going to convince Disney to keep Blue Sky around. :kitschjob:

I’m 50% sure, Disney will fold Blue Sky into DisneyToon and use it to make Ice Age sequels, Rio sequels and the films left on Blue Sky’s slate.

• Like 1

We have no context to put it in because the numbers for SW are staggering.  But keep in mind, AOU only dropped 9% from Avengers.  And that was the biggest opening weekend ever at that point.  So if TLJ were to fall 9% from TFA, it would do 225 million.  Certainly possible with that 105 Friday.

• Like 6

I just read some user reviews on rt.

"Is this star women now?"

"Justice league got good audience scores. Conspiracy?"

"We are not trolls, it's our childhood getting destroyed."

And most negative are butthurt fans. Criticising is one thing, treating it is as a major catastrophe is dumb. Now jigsaw time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m 50% sure, Disney will fold Blue Sky into DisneyToon and use it to make Ice Age sequels, Rio sequels and the films left on Blue Sky’s slate.

I still want to see that Nimona adaptation but now I'm unsure if it'll ever happen.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

I heard someone call TLJ anti-male vegan propaganda online...

It’s anti-male now to have women in movies who aren’t cooking and cleaning and just looking pretty?! It’s fine to criticize a movie but where in gods name are they getting anti-male out of the thing from lol. There are some nutjobs out there I swear.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

We have no context to put it in because the numbers for SW are staggering.  But keep in mind, AOU only dropped 9% from Avengers.  And that was the biggest opening weekend ever at that point.  So if TLJ were to fall 9% from TFA, it would do 225 million.  Certainly possible with that 105 Friday.

Also people need to keep in mind that this opened 10 days before Christmas instead of 7 like The Force Awakens did so the grosses are likely to be more spread out.

• Like 2

Amazing number. You know those late night shows in California would come out strong, like any mega blockbuster movie. On its way to 2nd best weekend ever, where it shouldve been from the beginning. 

I saw it yesterday morning and I loved it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Ferdinand looks like it's going to follow closely in the footsteps of Charlotte's Web '06. That movie opened to $11M and finished with $83M when the calendar last aligned.

Charlotte’s Web (2006) was pretty good.

• Like 2